Ministry Announcement July 30
- News release
- Letter to Ontario’s parents from the Minister of Education – July 30, 2020
- Guidance Document FINAL EN
- Letter from Chair re: Ministry Reopening Plan – July 30 2020
Elementary schools (Kindergarten to Grade 8) will reopen provincewide, with in-class instruction five days a week. Secondary schools will start the school year in an adapted model of part-time attendance with class cohorts of up to 15 students alternating between attending in-person and online. Students from Grade 4-12 and school staff will be required to wear masks.
Staff provided an update to Trustees on August 10, 2020.
The report includes an outline of:
The following are the guiding principles used in establishing the re-opening plan:
- Safety for all
- Minimizing the disruption to regular school day routines as much as possible
- Ease of transition between the three potential scenarios
- Honouring collective agreements and employee terms and conditions
- Fiscal responsibility
- Ongoing to last week of July 2020 – Finalize plans for scenarios A, B and C including establishment of cohorts.
- Ongoing to start of school year – Implement enhanced public health protocols at each school such as plexiglass barriers in main offices, hand washing/sanitizing stations, signage.
- Last week of July – Review of HWDSB School Re-Opening plans by Ministry of Education.
- July 27 – Board Report on School Reopening (COVID-19) #2.
- August 4 onward – Ministry of Education direction to school boards on scenario for the start of the school year.
- August 4 onward (following Ministry of Education direction) – implementation of specific measures based on the scenario for the start of the school year