As a part of the requirement for graduation, all students must complete a minimum of 40 hours of community involvement during secondary school in order to obtain an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). This diploma requirement is designed to:
- encourage civic responsibility,
- promote community values,
- support students’ career explorations,
- develop student interests and skills, and
- reinforce the importance of volunteering
HWDSB has partnered with Kambeo (formerly Gigit Marketplace) to bring volunteer opportunities from the Hamilton community online. Students, remember to have a discussion with your parent(s)/guardian(s) about using Kambeo, which is optional.
Learn more about Kambeo.
Learn more about Community Involvement Hours:
Please click on the tab that is appropriate to you: