This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.
Literacy and Basic Skills for Adults
Our Literacy and Basic Skills Program is broken into three paths.
- Academic Upgrading – Secondary School, Post-Secondary and Apprenticeship pathways
- Essential Skills Upgrading– Employment and Independence pathways
- Cornerstone – Targeted training programs
The programs are offered at sites throughout the city:
- Continuing Education City Learning Centre – Academic Upgrading
- Continuing Education Hill Park Learning Centre – Academic Upgrading, Essential Skills Upgrading and Cornerstone Programs
Instructors provide a program which focuses on improving Essential or Academic Skills including: reading, writing and real life math skills and applications.
Continuous Intake enables learners to access the program throughout the year. To make an appointment for and intake/assessment meeting, please click the button below:
For more information call 905-561-2190.