During the COVID19 closure we will continue to deliver programs on-line with teacher support during the school day. We are also conducting meetings with students electronically. Please feel free to book a meeting using the links below. Please be sure to enter your email address very carefully so that we can reach you.
|This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.|
Literacy and Basic Skills for Adults
Our Literacy and Basic Skills Program is broken into three paths.
- Academic Upgrading – Secondary School, Post-Secondary and Apprenticeship pathways
- Essential Skills Upgrading– Employment and Independence pathways
- Cornerstone – Targeted training programs
The programs are offered at sites downtown and on the Mountain:
- Continuing Education City Learning Centre – Academic Upgrading
- Continuing Education Hill Park Learning Centre – Academic Upgrading, Essential Skills Upgrading and Cornerstone Programs
Instructors provide a program which focuses on improving Essential or Academic Skills including: reading, writing and real life math skills and applications.
Continuous Intake enables learners to access the program throughout the year. To make an appointment for and intake/assessment meeting, please click the button below:
For more information call 905-561-2190.