In recognition of the current restrictions that are in effect for all of Southern Ontario from Saturday, December 26, 2020 to Saturday, January 23, 2021, all Literacy and Basic Skills programs will shift to a fully on-line format until at least January 25th.
|This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.|
Literacy and Basic Skills for Adults
Our Literacy and Basic Skills Program is broken into three paths.
- Academic Upgrading – Secondary School, Post-Secondary and Apprenticeship pathways
- Essential Skills Upgrading– Employment and Independence pathways
- Cornerstone – Targeted training programs
The programs are offered at sites downtown and on the Mountain:
- Continuing Education City Learning Centre – Academic Upgrading
- Continuing Education Hill Park Learning Centre – Academic Upgrading, Essential Skills Upgrading and Cornerstone Programs
Instructors provide a program which focuses on improving Essential or Academic Skills including: reading, writing and real life math skills and applications.
Continuous Intake enables learners to access the program throughout the year. To make an appointment for and intake/assessment meeting, please click the button below:
For more information call 905-561-2190.