Following the delivery of the third-party, independent investigator’s final report and recommendations based on a Student Trustee complaint of breach of the Board’s Code of Conduct, Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) Trustees voted to adopt all 12 recommendations.
The investigator’s final report and recommendations are being made public alongside the release of this statement. Trustees received the report and discussed its findings and recommendations during three meetings of the Board on January 27, January 28, and February 2, 2021.
Report and Recommendations
Trustee Professional Development
Governance Review Meetings
Information will shared related to the Governance Action Plan based on the Governance Committee items. For latest Governance Meetings, view the Board Meetings website.
- Agenda March 2. Audio recording, here.
- Agenda March 22. Audio recording will be posted.
- Topics include: Trustee Code of Conduct – appointment of outside consultant, Trustee Annual Plan and Self-Evaluation Development, and Governance Review
- Agenda May 19 Audio recording, here.
- Topics include: Updates to Board of Trustees Handbook
- Sept. 29: Wentworth Strategy Group Requesting Community Guidance on HWDSB Trustee Policies
- Media release, June 1: HWDSB Trustees Appoints Project Team to Review Board Governance
- Media release, Feb 3: HWDSB Adopts All Recommendations from Independent Trustee Code of Conduct Review
- Media Release, Aug 17: Arleen Huggins Appointed to Lead Trustee Code of Conduct Review
- Trustee Code of Conduct
- Board of Trustee Handbook