[Skip to Content]
HWDSB Building

Application Package

A+ A-

Thank you for your inquiry into attending Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board’s International Student Programs. This information package explains our admissions procedures and application process.

Once your application has been approved by this office and your tuition fee has been received, we will send you a Letter of Acceptance. This letter will enable you to apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for authorization to enter Canada as a student. You must apply for, and receive, a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada before leaving your home country to attend a school in Canada. Guidelines and an application form can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web site  or at the Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate in your home country. Contact the Canadian Visa Office in your home country to see if you need to complete any additional forms, or provide any additional documents.

As a student it is your responsibility to maintain a valid and current Study Permit for the duration of your attendance at one of our schools.  If a Study Permit expires and you have not applied to renew your Study Permit within the required period of time by Canada Immigration, you will be asked to withdraw from school immediately

This package consists of:

  • Procedures for registering as an International & Out-of-Province Student
  • School Fees
  • Health Insurance
  • Upon Arrival in Canada
  • Refund Policy

Application Package Instructions:

  • Applications for first semester of each school year should be received no later than May 31.
  • Applications for second semester of each school year should be received no later than November 30.

Download International Student Application Package:

For further information contact [email protected]

Updated on Monday, October 02, 2023.
Back to the top