This program trains students in all aspects of the arts including Foundations of Theory and Technique, Individual and Collaborative Creation and Performance, and Critical Analysis. Students major in one of eight disciplines: Dance, Drama (Performance and Production); Music (Band, Contemporary, Strings, Vocal); or Visual and Media Arts. In addition to required credits, students have experiential learning opportunities such as career exploration, professional certification, discipline-specific training, opportunities beyond the classroom and seasonal collaborations on large-scale stage productions, small-scale studio productions and informal studio productions that invite broader school participation. Graduating students receive a Certificate of Recognition in the Arts and Additional Qualifications such as industry training, professional resume and headshot, and a professional portfolio.
- Virtual Information Night – Thursday, November 18, 2021, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Watch the recording here.
- Applications Due: Friday, December 17, 2021
- Auditions/ Portfolio Review: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (sign up times will be available)
- Acceptance Letters: February 4, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance: February 11, 2021
- Completion of option sheets for 2022-23: February 15 at Glendale Secondary School from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Complete your application online
- Instrumental Music Auditions Requirements
- Popular Music Audition Requirements
- Drama Audition Requirements
- Production Audition Requirements
- Visual Arts Portfolio Requirements
- Media Arts Portfolio Requirements
- Vocal Audition Requirements
- Dance Audition Requirements
Contact for more information:
HWDSB Audition-Based Program of the Arts
145 Rainbow Drive, Hamilton ON, L8K 4G1