This program trains students in all aspects of the arts including Foundations of Theory and Technique, Individual and Collaborative Creation and Performance, and Critical Analysis. Students major in one of eight disciplines: Dance, Drama (Performance and Production); Music (Band, Contemporary, Strings, Vocal); or Visual and Media Arts. In addition to required credits, students have experiential learning opportunities such as career exploration, professional certification, discipline-specific training, opportunities beyond the classroom and seasonal collaborations on large-scale stage productions, small-scale studio productions and informal studio productions that invite broader school participation. Graduating students receive a Certificate of Recognition in the Arts and Additional Qualifications such as industry training, professional resume and headshot, and a professional portfolio.
Located at Glendale Secondary School.
- Applications are due by Friday, December 20, 2019
- Auditions/ Portfolio reviews will take place on January 31 and February 1, 2020.
- Complete your application online or…
- Print your application & submit to the school by fax 950-578-5538, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: HWDSB Audition-Based Program of the Arts, 145 Rainbow Drive, Hamilton ON, L8K 4G1
- 2020 Drama Performance Audition Monologues
- Program of the Arts – Program Overview (revised Oct. 2019)
- Program of the Arts Application Package (revised Oct. 2019)
- 2020 HWDSB ABPA Online Audition Sign Up Information
Contact for more information:
HWDSB Audition-Based Program of the Arts
145 Rainbow Drive, Hamilton ON, L8K 4G1