Survey Open on Future of Sherwood Options
Dear students, families, staff and community members interested in the future of Sherwood,
HWDSB Trustees will soon decide on the best accommodation option for current and future students at Sherwood Secondary School, which needs about $11.96 million in high and urgent renewal work.
Thank you to those who have submitted questions or attended the Virtual Information Sessions, at which staff presented the challenge and responded to community questions. See the attached flyer to learn more about this engagement effort.
We now invite you to provide input before this Trustee decision, which is expected in March 2022, for action before September 2022. We believe that community input will aid our understanding and ability to make the best decision.
School and Community Survey on Preferred Options
From February 23 to March 7, 2022, we will conduct a public survey on three options for Sherwood.
- Keep Sherwood students where they are and do enough repairs and upgrades to maintain building safety.
- Move students temporarily (approximately two years) to the Barton site at 75 Palmer Road while Sherwood is renovated.
- Move Sherwood to the Barton site after the Barton building is renovated.
How to have your say:
- Complete the online survey at info/SherwoodSurvey
- Email your preference to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a written submission to Research and Analytics, P.O. Box 2558 Hamilton, ON L8N 3L1.
Please learn more about this topic and find updates at www.hwdsb.on.ca/sherwood/future-of-sherwood/
Sue Dunlop, Associate Director, Learning Services
Colin Pinkney, Superintendent of Student Achievement