Welcome to eLearning!
Welcome to the 2019-2020 eLearning School Year. We are very excited to begin working with you in this digital environment.
eLearning students require skills that include organization, self-direction, time management, problem solving, effective communication, responsibility, honesty and willingness to access textbooks (if required), a working computer and an Internet connection.
Students may earn Ontario high school credits online through the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) e-Learning program. Courses meet all curriculum expectations and standards and all courses are taught by fully qualified teachers in the District, in collaboration with eLearning Ontario and the Ontario eLearning Consortium. HWDSB in collaboration with the Ontario eLearning Consortium is able to offer over 100 different eLearning courses from grades 9-12.
If you have any questions, please contact 905-527-5092.
Click on the following link for video instructions to access your course.
The last date to register for full semester courses is 10 days after the official start of semester course
2020-2021 Course Options
Students can choose from various eLearning courses offered on option sheets when choosing courses for the following school year.
To view eLearning course descriptions, please click on the Course Calendar quick link
Guidance counsellors will:
- Register students in PRISM – prism.elearningstudents.ca
- All HWDSB students will be accepted into HWDSB eLearning courses if space is available and will be waitlisted for Out of Board courses. Students will be accepted as space becomes available in Out of Board courses.
- HWDSB students upon admittance into an eLearning course will receive an email confirmation. E-mail confirmations will also be sent to guidance, eTeacher, School Data Administrator, and eRegistrar.
Quick Links and Resources
- Course Calendar
- eLearning Student Login (D2L)
- How do I Log in to my Course?
- What if my Word or PowerPoint files are too big to share?
For students attending an HWDSB school please see your guidance counsellor to register for an eLearning course.
For students who are not attending an HWDSB school, please contact 905-527-5092.
For adult learners, students out of school may contact the HWDSB Community and Continuing Education department for e-Learning courses – information and contact information is www.hwdsb.on.ca/cce.