Dual Credit provides an opportunity for Grade 11 or 12 students to earn college credits and secondary school credits at the same time. Students are taught by a Mohawk College instructor, at Mohawk College Fennell or Stoney Creek Campus (depending on program). Students are on campus for either the full morning or full afternoon. Student progress is monitored and supported by an HWDSB teacher.
Dual Credit offers high school students:
- A chance to simultaneously earn both college credits and high school credits
- An opportunity to experience college level programming while still in high school
- An opportunity to learn and take courses that are otherwise not offered at their high school
- The opportunity to work towards completing their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- An experience that will help them make a successful transition to college
There is no cost to the student for transportation, textbooks, or course materials. Students will spend half of the day at their home school and the other half at Mohawk College.
Who is eligible to participate in a Dual Credit program?
Students that have:
- Have not yet graduated (*post-graduates are not eligible)
- Completed most, or all, of their compulsory credits
- Shown interest in and a willingness to commit to a Dual Credit program
- Have had some success in college preparation courses
- Could benefit from a college pathway experience (lack of engagement in secondary school, lacks confidence, unsure of pathway and/or career options)
- Has the potential to succeed and is ready to focus on reaching their full academic potential
*NEW* Registration for 2023- 2024 Dual Credit Programs
ONLINE and Available Now
Note: Completion of the online application form does NOT guarantee enrollment in the Program. Students must meet the eligibility criteria to qualify for this program. Spaces are limited.
Questions? Please contact your guidance counsellor at your school for more information.