Seeking diverse, innovative leaders in education
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) is creating a diverse leadership pool of qualified candidates for future Elementary and Secondary Principals and Vice-Principals.
We welcome internal and external applicants who are innovative, collaborative and change-focused through demonstrated practice of anti-racist anti-colonial and anti-oppressive approaches to leadership.
Successful candidates will be placed on a list for two years and may be assigned at any time.
In April 2019, HWDSB invited all staff to complete a voluntary, anonymous and confidential staff census to gather data and understand the makeup of its workforce.
Compared to the local labour market, responses suggest that HWDSB’s workforce contains fewer racialized persons, at just 9 per cent of respondents. Women make up most of our workforce, we observed, but their representation decreases among senior leadership positions.
We are committed to equity in employment and are hiring qualified staff who reflect the diversity of the community we serve. Candidates will have demonstrated the will and ability to confront and dismantle oppression so that currently and historically underserved students can excel.
HWDSB especially invites and welcomes applications from:
- Indigenous Peoples (e.g., First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples);
- Members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin; (e.g., Black and racialized communities, immigrant communities, etc.)
- Persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities;
- Persons who identify as women; and
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. (i.e. Two Spirit and LGBTQIA+)
Save the date
We encourage all interested internal and external candidates to register at HWDSBpromotionprocess@hwdsb.on.ca and to attend two preparation sessions, to learn more about HWDSB, our Strategic Plan, our Equity Action Plan and our promotion process.
- Session 1: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Session 2: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, from 4 to 6 p.m.
See the posting on Apply to Education at https://hwdsb.info/Leaders
Deadline to apply on Apply to Education: 4 p.m. on Friday, February 25, 2022.
Learn more about HWDSB at www.hwdsb.on.ca