Reminder: Kindergarten registration continues
Registration for students starting kindergarten in September 2020 continues for HWDSB elementary schools during the COVID-19 response. HWDSB is projecting about 7,200 students combined to arrive for year one and two of the two-year program.
Kindergarten is a two-year, full-day program that helps children get the best possible start in school. Children are challenged and encouraged to do their very best. Before- and after-school care is also offered at most schools.
School doors may be closed but we are accepting online Kindergarten registrations for 2020-2021. Your child must four years old by December 31, 2020. Families can register at www.hwdsb.on.ca/kindergarten/#REGISTER
In a typical year, HWDSB schools welcome families and incoming kindergarten students to kindergarten orientation events in mid-May, but this will not be possible this year. Please watch for new online and multimedia resources about kindergarten in the weeks ahead, on our Kindergarten Orientation web page.
For questions or concerns, please contact your catchment school using the contact form on the school’s website. Or, you can contact HWDSB at (905) 527-5092 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Families can also access online resources including the updated Countdown to Kindergarten handbook online.
How to register:
Note, only parents or legal guardians can register their children for school.
- Find your neighbourhood school in our School Locator tool or call 905-527-5092.
- Register online to create an account, enter details and add your child to our student information system. If you have questions, please contact your local HWDSB school.
- Elementary schools will contact families to begin the process of verifying documentation. Original documents will be verified when schools reopen.
Required documents include:
- Proof of age (child’s birth certificate or passport).
- Proof of address (identification that shows parent/guardian’s current home address).
- Proof of immunization.
- Verification of date of arrival/immigration documents (if the child was not born in Canada).