Parent Involvement Committee 2022-23 School Council Start-Up Event
The Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) is pleased to invite School Council Chairs, members, Home & School Association members, Principals and Vice-Principals to the 2022-23 School Council Start-Up event.
Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
In-person option: HWDSB Education Centre, 20 Education Court, Hamilton (light dinner served at 6 p.m.)
Virtual option: MS Teams
Hosted by Mike Palma, PIC Chair, and Amanda Lloyd, PIC Vice-Chair, come learn and share as we discuss:
- How to run an effective School Council
- School Council Handbook, 2022-23 Edition
- Role of the Chair and Principals, Funds to operate council, getting others involved, and fundraising, and more!
- Amber Aquin, Engagement Officer, will provide strategies to help you better understand your school communities and build inclusion.
- Shawn McKillop, Manager of Communications and Community Engagement, will provide an overview about HWDSB’s New Communication Standards!
In-person attendance: Please indicate any accessibility accommodations and/or dietary restrictions. Child minding provided. HSR tickets available.
Virtual attendance: A link to the virtual meeting via MS Teams Platform will be shared on October 11.
PDF flyer: School Council Start-Up 2022-23