New online HWSTS transportation portal coming for 2022-23
785 Britannia Ave., Hamilton, ON L8H 2B6
Phone: 905-523-2318 Toll Free: 1-800-691-6402 Fax: 905-549-5930
Hamilton Wentworth Student Transportation Services (HWSTS), the transportation consortium which is responsible for arranging and managing the home-to-school busing of your child(ren), is very excited to be introducing a new online portal available for parents and students to access their transportation details for the upcoming 2022-23 school year.
Information for the 2022-23 school year will be made available to view on August 22, 2022 and will be continually updated throughout the entire school year. When checking the transportation details prior to the first day of school, please remember that last minute changes sometimes do occur and that it is important to re-check the information prior to sending your child(ren) to their assigned pickup location on September 6, 2022.
ALL students in Junior or Senior Kindergarten will receive a custom transportation letter over the summer. During the school year, transportation information will be available online for you to check at any time. The information contained in the portal is updated nightly and will hold the most current bus information for your child(ren).
For specific information relating to your child(ren), please contact the school at which they are registered. If you are having difficulties logging onto the portal, please contact the transportation department for assistance. Please note that HWSTS IS OPEN over the summer. Please contact us if you have moved over the summer so that the appropriate changes can be made for your child(ren)’s transportation arrangements.
*** Please note*** Transportation details for eligible child(ren) is exclusively available through the HWSTS Parent Portal
After August 22: Please follow the steps below to access your child(ren)’s information via the online portal
- Go to www.hamiltonschoolbus.ca
- Click on the “Parent’s Portal”
- Select the school Year
- Enter in the 9-digit OEN/Student ID (found on each student’s report card; example: 123-456-789)
- Select the School from the drop down that the student will be attending
- Select the Grade that the student will be entering
- Street Number (Primary residence street # or 911 # for rural addresses)
- Click Login
***Highly Recommended*** For up-to-the-minute notifications of any delays or cancellations, we offer a subscription service. There is no better way to know if a bus route is running late or will be cancelled for any reason.
Subscribing for Bus Delay Notifications
- Log into your Parent Portal account.
- Click on ‘Add Student’.
- Enter the student’s Ontario Education Number (OEN – this 9-digit number can be found on a past report card, do not use the Student ID), Street Number, School, and Grade.
- Click on the ‘Add Student’. You are automatically directed to the ‘My Student‘ page which will provide you with your child’s Student Transportation Schedule. You are automatically subscribed to receive bus delay email notifications for your child’s bus run(s), which you can view on the ‘My Subscriptions’ page.
- Repeat above steps 2 – 4 for additional children.
The HWSTS team