Kindergarten Registration Now Open at HWDSB
Hamilton, ON – Feb. 4, 2019: Registration for students starting kindergarten in September 2019 is underway at elementary schools across Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB). HWDSB is projecting 7,014 students to arrive for year one and two of the two-year program.
Kindergarten is a two-year, full-day program that helps children get the best possible start in school. Children are challenged and encouraged to do their very best. Before- and after-school care is also offered at most schools.
“Kindergarten is an exciting time and a big step for families,” said Manny Figueiredo, Director of Education. “We work to ensure this new beginning is a positive experience for children, families and educators alike.”
HWDSB offers online registration as well as paper forms, available online and at schools. Find the online and paper methods at www.hwdsb.on.ca/kindergarten/
Input from families continues to inform the updated version of the Countdown to Kindergarten handbook (pictured) that families will receive at kindergarten registration.
Registering for kindergarten is as easy as 1,2,3 at HWDSB, for parents or legal guardians:
- Find your neighbourhood school in our School Locator tool or call 905-527-5092, ext. 2391.
- Register online to create an account, enter details and add your child to our student information system. If you have questions, please contact your local HWDSB school.
Register in person at your neighbourhood school. Complete and print the Kindergarten Registration Form 2019-2020 also available at your school.
- Contact your elementary school to book a registration meeting. Required documents include:
- Proof of age (child’s birth certificate or passport);
- Proof of address (identification that shows parent/guardian’s current home address);
- Proof of immunization;
- Verification of date of arrival/immigration documents (if the child was not born in Canada).
- If registered using our print method, bring a completed Kindergarten Registration Form, also available at your school.
HWDSB schools will hold Kindergarten Orientation events in May.
– 30 –
Shawn McKillop, APR
Manager, Communications and Community Engagement
Cell: 905.515.6227 | Email: email@example.com