2024-25 Kindergarten Registration is Now Open
Registration for the 2024-25 school year is now open! We look forward to welcoming you to Kindergarten at HWDSB!
Kindergarten is a two-year, full-day program that helps children begin their education with a strong foundation. HWDSB is committed to fostering a learning environment where your child can embark on a journey of exploration, problem-solving and friendship. Our caring team of educators helps ensure that children are challenged, encouraged and supported to achieve their very best.
Your child is eligible for the two-year Kindergarten program in the calendar year that they turn four or five. Your child must attend school if they are age six by September 1. Please note that only parents or legal guardians can register their children for school. Click here to learn more.
- Find your neighbourhood school in our School Locator tool or call 905-527-5092.
- Register online to create an account, enter details and add your child to our student information system. If you have questions, please contact your local HWDSB school.
- Here are some additional options:
- By email: Complete and print the Student Registration Form, also available at your school. You can submit a PDF forms via email (see school email list).
- Paper Application: Paper applications can be requested and picked up from schools upon request. Paper applications can be completed at home and submitted back to schools once completed. Please call your local school to request a paper application.
- Your elementary school will contact you to verify information submitted. Required documents include:
- Proof of age (birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate or permanent resident card)
- Proof of address. Acceptable documentation includes:
- Current Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- Current Utility Bill
- Current Property Tax Bill
- Current Home Phone/Cable/Internet Bill
- NOTE: Driver’s license, cell phone bill and bank statements are not acceptable documentation of proof of address.
- Proof of immunization
- Parents or guardians are responsible for submitting their school-age child’s immunization/vaccine record to Hamilton Public Health.
- Verification of date of arrival/immigration documents (if the child was not born in Canada)
- If registered using our print method, bring a completed Child Information Form, also available at your school.
Registering students who may require Specialized Services
Children enter Kindergarten with various needs and abilities. We want all children to have a positive and seamless entry to school. Click here to learn more about Entry to School for children entering Kindergarten who may require Special Education services.
- Kindergarten at HWDSB
- Information about transportation, pre-school programs, Public Health and more.
- How to Register
- Is My Child Ready for Kindergarten?
- Entry to School (Special Education)
- Before and After School Programs
- Kindergarten Orientation – May 2024