HWDSB Ushers in New Era with Fresh Vision
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board launched a new vision today as hundreds of leaders from the Board and the community gathered at Mohawk College to hear from Juno-winning musician and creativity consultant David Usher.
The launch is the culmination of nearly two years of discussion, analysis and feedback. Soon after being elected, Trustees began a process called Reimagine HWDSB. They asked the public to identity issues, asked if they heard correctly and have now launched a new vision.
“The public told us how we were doing,” Board Chair Todd White said. “Now our new vision is a public commitment that we are going to improve.”
The new vision launched at today’s HWDSB Reimagined event is guided by a student-generated tagline – Curiosity, Creativity, Possibility – that will help the Board pursue five priorities arising from extensive public feedback.
The five priorities are:
- Positive Culture and Well-Being: We will build student and staff well-being through positive climate strategies
- Student Learning and Achievement: We will improve student learning and achievement through effective instructional strategies.
- Effective Communications: We will improve our communication through comprehensive strategies
- School Renewal: We will optimize opportunities to invest in improved school facilities.
- Partnerships: We will strengthen our collaboration with new and existing community partners to enhance opportunities for students.
“We are moving forward in real and measurable ways,” Chair White said. “We are being accountable, purposeful and transparent so that HWDSB becomes a stronger, more effective school board for our students, families and staff.”
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board has a vision in which Curiosity, Creativity and Possibility empower students to learn and grow to their full potential in a diverse world. Learn more at www.hwdsb.on.ca.
Manager of Corporate Communications
905-527-5092, ext. 2301, 905-317-0086 (cell)