Elementary French Immersion and Focus Program Applications Now Open
HWDSB elementary schools offer a wide range of learning opportunities to prepare students for success in secondary school and beyond. On October 30, applications for French Immersion and Elementary Focus Programs opened for the 2024-25 school year. Here is the application timeline for both processes:
- October 30, 2023 at 9 a.m. – Applications open
- December 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. – Applications close
- December 15, 2023 – Notification of decision
- January 12, 2024 – Deadline for acceptance
Elementary families interested in applying to French Immersion and/or Focus Programs can find application links below. For more information about either of these opportunities, click the links to learn more to visit their respective webpages. Both pages feature information night recordings, full timelines and additional resources.
French Immersion is a proven way of acquiring excellent language skills in French. The French Immersion program at HWDSB is specifically designed for parents who do not speak French, but want their children to speak both official languages. The program is open to HWDSB students starting in Grade 1.
2024-25 Elementary Focus Programs Application Process
The Elementary Focus Programs listed below will be accepting applications for the 2024-25 school year. Students currently learning in these programs do not need to reapply.
- Hockey Program at Tapleytown
- Mandarin Transitional Language Program/中英文过渡项目 at Cootes Paradise
- Scholastic Arts and Global Education (SAGE) Program at Strathcona
- Scholastic Arts and Global Education Quest (SAGE Quest) at Kanétskare
- Sports Academy (Basketball and High Potential) Programs at R.A. Riddell