EQAO Assessments for Spring 2022
EQAO (Education Quality and Accountability Office) provincial assessments measure students’ literacy (reading and writing) and math skills at key points in students’ educational careers. Following Ministry direction, Primary, Junior and Secondary EQAO assessments will be resuming in the spring of 2022, following a two-year pause due to COVID-19 disruptions.
From April to June, students in the following grades will participate in EQAO assessments:
|May to June||The Primary EQAO assessment tests the reading, writing and math skills students are expected to have learned by the end of Grade 3.
All Grade 3 students will participate.
|May to June||The Junior EQAO assessment tests the reading, writing and math skills students are expected to have learned by the end of Grade 6.
All Grade 6 students will participate.
|Grade 9 Math EQAO||June||The Grade 9 Math EQAO tests the math skills students are expected to have learned by the end of the Grade 9 mathematics course
All Grade 9 students enrolled in MTH1W for Semester 2 will be participate
|Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT)||April to May||The OSSLT measures whether students are meeting the minimum standard for literacy across all subjects up to the end of Grade 9.
Successful completion of the literacy test is one of the requirements to earn an Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Students in grades 10, plus students in grades 11 and 12 who are not graduating in 2022 will be required to complete the OSSLT this spring.
What you need to know
- Primary and Junior EQAO assessments are now digital and will be completed on a device
- All assessments will take place during instructional hours at schools
- This applies to only in-person students taking the Grade 3 and 6 assessment
- Grade 9 Math EQAO will include two 60-minute digital assessments, with a total of 50 questions over two assessments.
- This assessment will be completed on a tablet or laptop during regular MTH1W class times.
- The OSSLT will include two 60-minute digital assessments with 33 question total.
- This assessment will be completed on a tablet or laptop.
- Students should be prepared to work independently and silently throughout the period.
- A practice assessment will take place ahead of the official assessment to help determine student needs (e.g. devices, headphones, etc.). Students should use the same device for both the practice and actual assessment.
- The EQAO Safe Exam browser must be installed by the day prior to the assessment.
All Schools will confirm assessment information to families directly. Information will include specific dates and times for these assessments. Please contact your child’s educator if you have questions or if you child will require accommodations to complete EQAO Assessments.