2023-24 Elementary Focus Programs Application Process
HWDSB elementary schools offer a wide range of learning opportunities to prepare students for success in high school and beyond. The Elementary Focus Programs listed below will be accepting applications for the 2023-24 school year starting February 2, 2023. Applications will close on February 23. Students currently learning in these programs do not need to reapply.
Click here to read full descriptions for each of the following Elementary Focus Programs to see which grades are able to apply:
- Hockey Program at Tapleytown
- Mandarin Transitional Language Program/中英文过渡项目 at Cootes Paradise
- Scholastic Arts and Global Education (SAGE) Program at Strathcona
- Scholastic Arts and Global Education Quest (SAGE Quest) at Kanétskare
- Sports Academy (Basketball and High Potential) Programs at R.A. Riddell
2023-24 applications are now open. The deadline to complete an application is February 23. Please use the link below to apply for all Elementary Focus Programs.
Click here to apply.
Families interested in learning more about the Elementary Focus Programs were invited to join a Teams Live event on February 1. This event consisted of a short presentation followed by a moderated Q&A session. The event was captioned in Arabic, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin (simplified), Persian, and Urdu. Families who were unable to attend can watch a recording of the session below.
See below for more information about focus programs available to elementary students. For a full list of elementary programs, click here.
Questions? Email at email@example.com with the subject line “Focus Program Applications”.
PDF flyer: Focus Programs Application Process 2023-2024
2023-24 Application Process Details
Click here to apply.
Applicants will be placed into programs by:
- Review of all applications
- Random selection process creating a list for each school
- Siblings placed if space is available prior to random selection
- Current HWDSB students are offered places first, followed by out-of-board students
- Schools will manage any waitlists by schools
One system application point where families will be asked to:
- Provide basic personal information and their child’s OEN
- Select the program
- Indicate if there is a sibling already in the program
- Answer two open response questions
- Why are you interested in having your child in the program?
- How can the school best support your child?
- Site-specific questions
- Acknowledge that families provide transportation
- Provide information related to the program