Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board is committed to effective, meaningful consultation with the Hamilton community and to a culture of consultation within and among its constituent groups and/or individuals.
At its heart, consultation is about interactive two-way communication and dialogue. The process is an opportunity for:
- the Board to inform the public about key issues and their implications, and to be better understood; and
- the public to have meaningful and substantive opportunities to influence Board decisions.
All public consultations are posted in the chart below for your information and your consultation is earnestly sought. Parents/guardians, caregivers, School Council members, staff, students and members of the community are urged to respond.
You may fill out one of the surveys below through our online survey tool, or written comments may also be sent by Canada Post to:
Research and Analytics,
P.O. Box 2558,
Hamilton, ON L8N 3L1,
Attention: Research Officer
School Naming Consultation
Hamilton‐Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) recognizes that a naming consultation provides a unique opportunity for families, students, staff and the community to create a new identity for the schools.
We are asking the public to suggest names for the following sites:
- New School Ancaster Senior and Fessenden
- New School on Beverly Community Centre site
- New School on CH Bray Elementary School site
- New school on Eastdale site
- New School on Summit Park site
Suggested names should:
- Reflect HWDSB’s vision, mission, commitments and community composition
- Provide inspiration to students
- Have community and district acceptance
- Be appropriate for the whole district
- Have local community, district, provincial, Canadian or international significance
- Address under‐represented groups
Please complete this survey by Friday, March 22, 2019 at 4 p.m.