Reminders about Updated COVID-19 Measures
We hope you have had a relaxing March Break. Before we welcome students back from the break, we want to remind you about some important health measures that continue at HWDSB as of Monday, March 21.
As we implement the Board of Trustees extension for masking, we remember that principals, vice principals and staff are front line workers who have worked hard to keep students safe over the past two years. We ask everyone to be kind, respectful and compassionate during this period of change. After two years in a pandemic and as we ease slowly into more normal conditions, our focus will be to support school cultures and student well-being.
Good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette continue to be important. Cleaning spaces and shared items will continue. Also, absence reporting and school website posts for voluntary self-reported positive COVID-19 cases will still be available.
- Daily Screening: All students must continue to complete the Government of Ontario online COVID-19 school screening tool found at hwdsb.info/screening prior to attending school each day. Students no longer need to show they have completed the screening tool. The screening tool has been updated to reflect updated isolation and self-monitoring requirements.
- Stay home if sick: Students must stay home if sick to reduce the spread of illness. Symptomatic students at school will continue to isolate and be sent home based on criteria in screening tool.
- Masking: Supporting staff and families during this phased approach and time of transition is our priority. We are reminding staff and students to wear a mask until April 1and to exercise their choice by completing the mask exemption process, if needed. The form is available online and in the Parent Portal.
- International travel: Families returning from international travel must follow requirements from the Government of Canada. Students and staff returning from international travel will be required to wear a mask at school for 14 days.
- Remote Learning Requests: Students can request a transition to full-time elementary remote learning or secondary eLearning. Contact your child’s elementary school using the exceptional circumstances process or Student Services for secondary eLearning options. Spaces are limited and we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
- Rapid Antigen Tests: Those who become symptomatic at school or returning from illness (tests are for at-home, symptomatic use only) will be provided with a Rapid Antigen Test kit.
For more information about continued and lifted restrictions, visit www.hwdsb.on.ca/covid19.
We look forward to welcoming students back on Monday, March 21.