Register for Canadian Citizenship Preparation Courses
PDF Flyer: CE – Citizenship Class 2022
Continuing Education at HWDSB offers both in-person and online courses for Canadian Citizenship Preparation. The citizenship preparation course focuses on the knowledge and language skills needed for the Canadian Citizenship Test.
Various sessions are offered for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- Session 1: April 5 to June 2
- Nine-week intensive online course on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- Session 2: July 4 to July 29
- Four-week intensive in-person course, Monday to Friday mornings from 9:00 to 11:15 a.m. at City Centre.
- Session 3: July 4 to July 29
- Four-week intensive in-person course, Monday to Friday mornings from 9:00 to 11:15 a.m. at Hill Park.
Registration, Eligibility, and Resources
For those interested in Canadian Citizenship Preparation, email email@example.com for more information and to register. You can also call at 905-561-2190, ext. 4774 or 905-525-8833. There is no deadline, as registrations are accepted right up until each session’s start date.
Applicants must be 18 years or older. CLB 4 or higher in listening, speaking, reading, and writing is also required.
Visit the Continuing Education website for more information about the Canadian Citizenship Preparation courses.
Visit the Government of Canada website for more information about the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen.
Some topics in this program include:
- The Rights and Responsibilities of citizenship
- Government, Elections and Voting procedures
- Facts about Canada, its history, geography and symbols
- Canada’s economy
- Canada’s justice system
- Study questions for the Canadian citizenship test
- Learn techniques to study and organize information effectively