Inviting Candidates for Wards 1 & 2 Trustee Vacancy
The Board of Trustees at Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) invites interested candidates to apply for the vacant position of Trustee for Wards 1 & 2.
- Passion for Kindergarten to Grade 12 public education.
- Interest and insights into Wards 1 & 2 community.
- Commitment to Truth and Reconciliation, as well as Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Diverse lived experience to represent the changing, diverse lived experiences of Hamiltonians.
- Previous board or public sector governance experience is an asset.
- Declaration that you will not run in the fall 2022 Trustee election, to avoid any real or perceived unfair advantage in the next election.
Note: Candidates are responsible for determining whether they are qualified to be elected to and hold office. Once selected, the candidate must remain qualified throughout the remainder of the term of office. Review eligibility criteria in the Education Act at hwdsb.info/TrusteeQualification
How to apply:
- Email a letter of interest to email@example.com by January 31, 2022, stating your interest, experiences and qualifications related to the position.
- Trustees will review applications, invite and interview a short list of qualified candidates, based on selection criteria, at a public Special Board meeting. Short-listed candidates will be informed of the time and date of their interview as soon as possible.
- Trustees will then vote by ballot for the candidate to fill the vacancy.
We seek to build inclusive learning and working environments, where students see themselves reflected in the curriculum, staff population, physical surroundings and the broader community. We encourage applicants to apply from underserved communities, including:
- Indigenous Peoples (e.g., First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples).
- Members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin; (e.g., Black and racialized communities, immigrant communities, etc.).
- Persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities.
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions. (i.e., Two-Spirit and LGBTQIA+).