HWDSB Needs Community Help to Name Two New Elementary Schools
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) wants to hear from the Hamilton community in selecting names for the following elementary schools:
- New School on the Greensville site
- New School on the Memorial (Stoney Creek) site
When a new project is a result of a consolidation, planning is required for school closures, possible boundary reviews, naming of new schools, and transition planning. When the project is a result of growth or boundary reviews, naming of schools and transition planning may also be required.
Suggested names should:
- Reflect HWDSB’s vision, mission, commitments and community composition;
- Provide inspiration to students;
- Have community and district acceptance;
- Be appropriate for the whole district;
- Have local community, district, provincial, Canadian or international significance; and
- Where appropriate and possible, address underrepresented groups.
Submissions, including rationale for the name of the school, must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, February 28, 2020. Name submissions may be submitted online at www.hwdsb.on.ca/feedback or can be sent by mail to: Hamilton‐Wentworth District School Board, ATTN: Research Specialist (Research & Analytics Department), P.O Box 2558 Hamilton, ON, L8N 3L1.
The Board of Trustees are expected to approve the selected names for the two elementary schools at their meeting on May 11, 2020.
– 30 –
Shawn McKillop, APR
Manager, Communications and Community Engagement
905.515.6227 | email@example.com