Elementary Focus Program Review
Families and community organizations are invited to participate in a review of Elementary Focus Programs offered at Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB).
The purpose of the review is to determine if the programs are accessible to all students, if they continue to follow their original mandate, and if the programs are financially viable.
The programs currently under review include:
- The Hockey Program at Tapleytown Elementary School
- Mandarin Transitional Language Program at Cootes Paradise Elementary School
- Scholastic Arts and Global Education (SAGE) Program at Strathcona Elementary School
- Scholastic Arts and Global Education Quest (SAGE Quest) at Ryerson Elementary School
- Sports Academy-Basketball Program at R.A. Riddell Elementary School
- Sports Academy-High Potential Program at R.A. Riddell Elementary School
Please visit www.hwdsb.on.ca/elementary/programs/all for more information on these programs.
Gathering voice from the HWDSB community is an important part of the review process. As an HWDSB family, we invite you to support this work by completing the Elementary Focus Programs Survey. This survey can be found at https://ca.research.net/r/FocusPrograms. The deadline to participate is Friday, April 8, 2022.
Please note that students in grades 4 to 8 in a Focus Program will also be invited to provide their feedback on the programs. Educators from Focus Program Schools will receive a separate survey link to participate.
Focus Program Review Teams Live Event
Date: Wednesday, April 6th, 2022
Time: 6:00 to 6:30 p.m.
Join via MS Teams at hwdsb.info/focus-program-review
Families, staff and community members interested in learning more about the Elementary Focus Program Review are invited to join a Teams Live event on April 6 from 6:00 to 6:30 p.m. This event will consist of a short presentation followed by a moderated Q&A session. The event will be captioned in Arabic, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin (simplified), Persian, and Urdu. You can join the event online at hwdsb.info/focus-program-review.
Questions or Comments?
Please email email@example.com with “Focus Program Review” in the subject line.