Continuing Education’s Summer Co-op program allows current secondary and adult students to earn two Co-op credits during the summer. For Summer Co-op inquiries email email@example.com
STEP 1 – REGISTER: Registration has closed
All students 16 and over have a opportunity to register for Summer Co-op by clicking the online registration form below:
|Watch Overview Video: > Summer Coop Overview Video|
|Download Calendar: > Summer Coop Calendar 2023 – FINAL|
|Registration has closed|
STEPS 2 and 3 – PREPLACEMENT CLASSES: MAY 4-11-18-25 JUNE 1-8
To prepare for their summer coop placements, all students must attend the first 5 co-op preplacement classes at Hill Park between 6 pm and 9pm MAY 4-11-18-25 and JUNE 1. The 6th class, June 8th is optional. Course Preplacement course content will be active and available MAY 3 in the HWDSB HUB – https://students.hwdsb.on.ca
STEP 4 – SEARCH for PLACEMENT: BETWEEN MAY 4 and JUNE 9
Search for a placement using the following guidelines:
- Search the HWDSB Summer Co-op job board at https://summercoop.commons.hwdsb.on.ca/
- Apply to potential employers/volunteer opportunities either from the job board or you can source you own contacts.
- All placements must be within the boundaries of the HWDSB school district and during day time hours.
- Ideally you should have a placement secured by June 9th (see STEP 6)
STEP 5 – FINISH PRE-PLACEMENT: BEFORE JUNE 9
Make certain all the preplacement course assignments are complete before the due dates, your coop teacher will assist you with options if it is not complete.
STEP 6 – SECURE PLACEMENT: BEFORE JUNE 9
Once you secure a placement complete the online form with your placement details, by clinking the link to the right: https://forms.office.com/r/3p9jw5KZcQ
STEP 7 – FIRST DAY at CO-OP on JULY 4 (IF Co-op Ready)
OR CHECKIN Day at Hill Park (IF NOT Co-op Ready) JULY 4
- All co-op teachers will be at Hill Park from 9:00am to 2:00pm to address the needs of students who are not CO-OP READY, i.e. they do not have the required WEA forms, OR have not completed the preplacement course, OR do not have a secured placement, OR do not have access to MTEL (coop software management tool).
STEP 8 – ATTEND PLACEMENT: JULY 4 to 28
The student expectation are listed below:
- students attend their placement daily for 8 hours per day
- Complete daily log sheets (using MTEL the co-op management software)
- A mid-term and a final assignment will be given
- Co-op teacher will conduct up to 3 workplace visits.
- CENTRAL PLACEMENTS (Hospitals, Art Gallery and SPCA) WILL ATTEND PLACEMENT for extra week of July 31, Aug 1, 2, 3 and 4
STEP 9 – Earn Credits: JULY 28 Session Complete (or Aug 4 if @ Central Placements)
Providing all course expectations have been met students will earn 2 credits. Hill Park Learning Centre will send marks to applicable schools electronically.
Students are limited to choose ONE Summer Credit program each year.