[Skip to Content]
Continuing Education

Register Now

A+ A-

Thank you for your interest in registering with Continuing Education (CE).

As we are a school within HWDSB and our programs are funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Education, the same documentation rules apply when registering for Continuing Education programs as for Elementary or Secondary School.  These registration rules apply to: all credit programs, International and Indigenous Languages Programs, all Literacy & Numeracy programs.

I am/My child is a current HWDSB Elementary / Secondary / Continuing Education Student

If you are/your child is an active student with an HWDSB Elementary or Secondary School or if you are currently active with Continuing Education HWDSB, you can choose CE programs for which you are eligible by completing “Program/Course Selection” documents.  Instructions/forms/on-line forms can be found on program pages on this site.  If you have been redirected here from a program page, please use the “back” button to return to that page.

HWDSB Secondary Students progressing to Continuing Education HWDSB Adult Program are required to complete New Student Registration process to join Continuing Education HWDSB

I am NOT/my child is NOT a current HWDSB Elementary or Secondary Student

If you/your child is not an active student with HWDSB, you are required to complete the “Student Registration” process detailed below in addition to program registration.

STEP 1 – Complete the Registration process on-line – you will need to submit documents for verification.

Required documents include:

    • Proof of age/Legal Name (Canadian Citizenship)
      • Birth certificate OR
      • Baptismal certificate OR
      • Passport OR
      • Canadian Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) OR
      • Confirmation of Permanent Residence document OR
      •  Refugee Protection Claimant Document OR
      • Visitor Record OR
      • Study Permit
      • NOTE: Driver’s License and Ontario Card are NOT acceptable
      • If you have changed your legal name, please provide your legal name change document AS WELL.

    • Proof of address – Document shows parent/guardian/student’s current home address – the date must be visible, including:
      • CURRENT agreement of purchase and/or sale (dated within past 3 months) OR
      • CURRENT utility bill (dated within past 3 months) OR
      • CURRENT property tax bill (dated within past 3 months) OR
      • CURRENT Home phone/cable/internet bill (dated within past 3 months) OR
      • CURRENT Lease agreement (Registration submission date should fall within the lease agreement term) OR
      • CURRENT Government Mail (Revenue Canada, Ontario Works etc.) (dated within past 3 months)
      • NOTE: Driver’s License and Ontario Card are NOT acceptable
      • If using a parent or guardian’s document as proof of address, please ALSO include a copy of your Driver’s License or Ontario Card showing that your address is the same as provided on the document.
    • Verification of date of arrival into Canada/immigration documents (if the student was not born in Canada):
      • Permanent Resident Card/document (both sides) OR
      • Citizenship Card (both sides) OR
      • Refugee documents (ex. Notice of Decision, Consideration of Eligibility, Refugee Protection Claimant Document, Acknowledgement or Claim and Notice to Return for Interview document) OR
      • Work Permit OR
      • Temporary Resident Permit

Complete the Form – see notes below

    • For Credit Summer School, Night School/Credit International Languages, Adult On-Line Night School and Adult Day School – For Grade, choose “Mature Student“; choose school “Continuing Education Secondary
    • For Summer Reach Ahead, Summer Skill Builder and all International Languages Elementary programs – choose school “Continuing Education Elementary

STEP 2 –  Once your eligibility is confirmed, Continuing Education staff will provide you with a link so you can select your program/course.  In some cases school approval is required for program registration for Elementary and Secondary School Students.

English Second Language (ESL & LINC) , Literacy & Basic Skills (LBS) and Strings Program have different registration rules.  Please see appropriate program page for details.

Updated on Tuesday, January 23, 2024.
Back to the top