Work for Credit (Adult Co-op) Program – September to June
Continuing Education Work for Credit (Co-op) program is a structured method of combining secondary education with practical work experience. A cooperative education experience, commonly known as “co-op”, provides elective or compulsory group 1-3 credits for structured work experience.
The HWDSB Continuing Education offers the Work-For-Credit Co-op program to already employed students with significant work experience, the opportunity to earn credits at their current employment.
In order to complete the Registration, you will need to complete an on-line application form. This form and additional details about the program are provided below.
Click link below to complete online registration:
- Student must be over 21 years of age
- Need 4 credits or less (must have earned or currently be earning grade 12 English)
- Employed full-time for more than one year with the same employer
- Employment must relate to a course the student has already earned
- Student must complete a credit assessment at Assessment Centre (if required)
- Participate in an entry interview with Co-op teacher
- Provide an up-to-date resume, references and employer’s consent
Please see our “Register with CE” page for student registration requirements.
- The student must complete 110 hours to achieve one coop credit.
- Students are also exposed to 15 hours of pre-placement activities, ongoing monitoring and assessment at the worksite in conjunction with a formal training plan, discussions of workplace experience and a final evaluation
- Work for Credit_fall 2018-spring 2019 –update
Call 905-526-9337 ext 242 to see if you are a candidate for the program.