Registration for Semester One and Full Year courses is closed. Semester Two Arabic and Mandarin registration will be open in January. Greek classes have been cancelled.
Please select the tab below that best reflects your student status for instructions on how to register:
Current HWDSB Secondary School students, including Visa Students
STEP 1 – Complete the On-line Night School Registration Form – you can consult with your Guidance Counsellor for support with your course selection and pathway plan. Your registration and course selection is subject to Guidance approval.
VISA Students STEP 2 – Contact the Welcome Centre at 905-521-2554 to arrange payment for your course.
If there is a change to your course request or a cancellation, you will be contacted by your Counsellor.
Adults currently in Continuing Education (CE) HWDSB Adult Credit Programs or active in 2019-2020 CE HWDSB Credit Programs
STEP 1 – Complete the On-line Night School Registration Form (link has been removed as registration is closed) – you can consult with your Guidance Counsellor for support with your course selection and pathway plan. Your registration and course selection is subject to Guidance approval.
Can’t access the form? Please complete this brief request to re-enrol form so we can make you active again: https://bit.ly/ComingBacktoContEd2020-21
If there is a change to your course, you will be contacted by your Counsellor.
Adult Student who was not active in 2019-2020 or in current school year
STEP 1 – Book an On-Line Counselling appointment at: http://bit.ly/NightSchoolIntake-NEWAdultLearner
STEP 2 – Book a “Student Registration” meeting to verify your identity, eligibility and Ontario address: https://bit.ly/RegisterHWDSB
Secondary School student from another School Board
STEP 2 – E-mail the completed form to your own Guidance Counsellor for approval – ask your Guidance Counsellor to forward the form to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their authorization
- Semester 1 and Full Year Credit International Language programs will be delivered fully On-Line via MS Teams and the HUB
- Students will need to have access to a computer or tablet and reliable internet access to participate. Continuing Education does not provide devices or internet service.
- Semester 1 Arabic and Mandarin classes are scheduled to run 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays from October 6, 2020 to January 14, 2021
- Full Year German and Korean classes are scheduled to run 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays from October 17, 2020 to June 19, 2021
- On-Line Lessons will be delivered in real time and assignments completed and submitted using the HUB
- Students currently attending a day school may complete credit courses through our Credit International Languages program, with permission from the Secondary School that they attend. In addition, adults are eligible to take credit courses in our Credit IL program
- HWDSB Students must register using our On-Line Application for Credit International Language – once the application is submitted it is subject to approval by the home school Guidance Counsellor and student language level will be assessed by the teacher.
Semester 1 Courses – Arabic and Mandarin
Courses start – October 6, 2020
Full Disclosure – November 10, 2020 (CU and DU level courses only)
Last day to submit work – January 12, 2021
Course Ends/Final Reports – January 14, 2021
Full Year Courses – German and Korean (Greek classes are not running)
Courses start – October 17, 2020
Full Disclosure – February 27, 2021 (CU and DU Courses only)
Last day to submit work – June 12, 2021
Course Ends/Final Reports – June 19, 2021
Please see our “Register with CE” page for student registration requirements.
Please Note: Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board Reserves the Right to Cancel, Combine or Relocate Classes Due to Enrollment.