October 4, 2021 – Polish (full year) and Semester One Arabic and Mandarin Courses have been cancelled. Affected students have been notified.
Continuing Education is pleased to offer Arabic, Assyrian, German, Greek, Korean, Mandarin and Polish courses for credit. Please find additional information about our courses offerings and how to register below.
Full Year Credit International Languages Program
Languages Offered: German (Levels 1-4), Greek (Levels 1-2) and Korean (Levels 1-4)
Languages Cancelled: Polish (Levels 1-4)
Start Date: October 16, 2021
Full Disclosure: Grade 11/12 (Level 3/4) courses only – February 26, 2022
Final day to submit course work: June 12, 2022
End Date: June 18, 2022
Languages Offered: Assyrian
Start Date: October 5, 2021
Full Disclosure: Grade 11/12 courses only – February 26, 2022
Final day to submit course work: May 10, 2022
End Date: May 17, 2022
Full year courses will start in an on-line format and may shift to in-person later in the school year.
Semester 1 Credit International Languages Program – Cancelled
Languages Cancelled: Arabic (Levels 1-4) and Mandarin (Levels 1-4)
Semester 2 Credit International Languages Program
Languages Offered: Arabic (Levels 1-4) and Mandarin (Levels 1-4)
Start Date: February 22, 2022
Full Disclosure: Grade 11/12 (Level 3/4) courses only – April 19, 2022
Final day to submit course work: May 24, 2022
End Date: May 26, 2022
Semester 2 courses will likely be delivered in an in-person format, this will be confirmed in January 2022.
Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel, relocate or combine courses.
How to Register - HWDSB Students including Adults currently active in Continuing Education Credit Programs
Please complete the following form: https://bit.ly/HWDSB2021-22Sem1andFYCreditILandNightSchoolRegistration
If you have any questions or concerns about your course selection, prerequisites or pathway, please contact your Guidance Counsellor. Once your registration has been submitted, you’ll receive a copy of your responses. Your Guidance Counsellor will review and validate your course selection – if they have any concerns they will update your course selection and contact you.
Deadline for Full Year course registration is October 12, 2021 at 8 a.m.
How to Register - NON-HWDSB Students
Secondary School Students from outside HWDSB will need to book a “Student Registration (ID, Eligibility & Address verification)” on-line meeting with Continuing Education Office Staff. Once you have booked your meeting you will receive the registration form to complete and have approved and submitted by your Guidance Counsellor.
How to Register - Adult Students new to HWDSB
Step #2 – Book a Night School/Credit IL Intake Appointment with a Continuing Education Counsellor to register for your course.
Additional Program Information
- Students will need to have access to a computer or tablet and reliable internet access to participate. Continuing Education does not provide devices or internet service.
- Assyrian are scheduled to run 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesdays October 5, 2021 to May 17, 2022
- Semester 2 Arabic and Mandarin and Night School classes are scheduled to run 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 22 to May 26, 2022
- Course levels for Credit International Languages:
- Course codes ending in “BO/BO1” = Level 1 – for students starting to learn the International Languages as a Second Language
- Course codes ending in “BD/BD1” = Level 2
- Course codes ending in “CU/CU1” = Level 3 (Subject to Full Disclosure)
- Course codes ending in “DU/DU1” = Level 4 (Subject to Full Disclosure)
Please see our “Register with CE” page for student registration requirements.
Please Note: Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board Reserves the Right to Cancel, Combine or Relocate Classes Due to Enrollment.