During the 2020-2021 School Year, all Night School and Credit International Languages courses are offered in a fully On-Line format. Classes will take place on MS Teams in real time during scheduled class sessions and assigned work will be accessed and submitted using “The HUB”/Desire2Learn.
Semester 2 Credit International Languages Program – 2020-2021
Start Date: February 23, 2021
Full Disclosure: Grade 11/12 courses only – April 20, 2021
Final day to submit course work: May 25, 2021
End Date: May 27, 2021
Please select the tab below that best reflects your student status for instructions on how to register:
Current HWDSB Secondary School students, including Visa Students
STEP 1 – Complete the On-line Night School Registration Form – you can consult with your Guidance Counsellor for support with your course selection and pathway plan. Your registration and course selection is subject to Guidance approval.
VISA Students STEP 2 – Contact the Welcome Centre at 905-521-2554 to arrange payment for your course.
If there is a change to your course request or a cancellation, you will be contacted by your Counsellor.
Adults currently in Continuing Education (CE) HWDSB Adult Credit Programs or active in 2019-2020 CE HWDSB Credit Programs
STEP 1 – Complete the On-line Night School Registration Form (link has been removed as registration is closed) – you can consult with your Guidance Counsellor for support with your course selection and pathway plan. Your registration and course selection is subject to Guidance approval.
Can’t access the form? Please complete this brief request to re-enrol form so we can make you active again: https://bit.ly/ComingBacktoContEd2020-21
If there is a change to your course, you will be contacted by your Counsellor.
Adult Student who was not active in 2019-2020 or in current school year
STEP 1 – Book an On-Line Counselling appointment at: http://bit.ly/NightSchoolIntake-NEWAdultLearner
STEP 2 – Book a “Student Registration” meeting to verify your identity, eligibility and Ontario address: https://bit.ly/RegisterHWDSB
Secondary School student from another School Board
STEP 1 – Complete the 2020-2021 SEM2 HWDSB Night School and Credit IL Registration form – NON-HWDSB Students
STEP 2 – E-mail the completed form to your own Guidance Counsellor for approval – ask your Guidance Counsellor to forward the form to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their authorization
Additional Program Information:
- Semester 2 Night School and Credit International Language programs will be delivered fully On-Line via MS Teams and the HUB
- Students will need to have access to a computer or tablet and reliable internet access to participate. Continuing Education does not provide devices or internet service.
- Semester 2 Arabic, Mandarin and Night School classes are scheduled to run 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 23, to May 17, 2021
- Students currently attending a day school may complete credit courses through our Credit International Languages program, with permission from the Secondary School that they attend. In addition, adults are eligible to take credit courses in our Credit IL program
- HWDSB Students must register using our On-Line Application for Credit International Language – once the application is submitted it is subject to approval by the home school Guidance Counsellor and student language level will be assessed by the teacher.
- Course levels for Credit International Languages:
- Course codes ending in “BO/BO1” = Level 1
- Course codes ending in “BD/BD1” = Level 2
- Course codes ending in “CU/CU1” = Level 3 (Subject to Full Disclosure)
- Course codes ending in “DU/DU1” = Level 4 (Subject to Full Disclosure)
Please see our “Register with CE” page for student registration requirements.
Please Note: Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board Reserves the Right to Cancel, Combine or Relocate Classes Due to Enrollment.