2019/2020 School Council meeting dates – in school library
Tuesday September 17th 2019 – 7pm
Thursday October 17th 2019 – 7pm
Tuesday November 19th 2019 – 7pm
Tuesday February 18th 2020 – 7pm
Thursday March 26th 2020 – 7pm
Tuesday April 14th 2020 – 7pm
Tuesday May 19th 2020 – 7pm
Saltfleet By Laws:
School Council Members:
Co-Chairs:Ann Sisak Christy Wallingham Secretary: Kara McCaughen
Parent Representatives:Billy Dhillon Lee Austin Bob Ellis Robyn Patchev Nicole Jones
Student Representative:Ameer Hamoodi
Roles and Responsibilities
1.1 The School Council shall act in an advisory capacity to the principal and to the Board and/or senior staff in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Board and of the Education Act and Regulations.
1.2 In addition to its advisory responsibilities, the School Council shall:
- promote the best interests of the student body, school and community
- establish its goals, priorities and procedures
- determine the need, and organize information and training sessions to enable members of the Council to develop their skills as Council members
- hold a minimum of four meetings per year (all meetings. shall be open to members of the school community)
- communicate regularly with parents and other members of the community to seek their views and preferences with regard to matters being addressed by the Council, and to report on the activities of the Council to the school community,
1.3 In all School Councils, parents and guardians shall form the majority, except in adult day schools, where parent positions shall be held by students. It is expected that the membership of the Council will reflect the diversity of the school community.
Meetings are held every 3rd Tuesday in the Saltfleet Library at 7:00 p.m.
All parents are welcome.