Course Selection for 2022 – 2023
Our Course Selection process for the next school year is now ready! The due date for selecting courses is March 3, 2022.
- Please do not wait to see your guidance counsellor before submitting your course selections by this deadline. If your appointment falls after March 3, please make your best guess, upload your choices into Xello, then see your counsellor. It is possible to make changes to your choices after the deadline of March 3.
- Summer school course offerings and registration do not open until May 2022. This process is implemented by our partners at Continuing Education and not by Ancaster High School. If you are thinking of taking a summer school course – hold that thought! Please choose the course you’re planning to take in summer school on your course selections for next year. Then, once we confirm you’ve registered for summer school, we’ll swap the course for something else.
- Please hold all questions about summer school until May
Instructions on to Select and Upload Your Choices
- Download the Official Course Option Sheet for the 2022-2023 School Year
- Update: CGW4U1 and CHY4U1 have been cancelled. Please download the updated Course Option Sheet here
- Download the course selection guides for:
- Watch the course selection presentations for:
- Review course descriptions and course prerequisites
- Plan your courses – show your parent/guardian
- Download the Xello Help Guide
- Upload choices to Xello (found in the Hub)
- Verify that your courses have made it safely and correctly into Xello through Parent Portal from March 11 – March 25
New Courses for 2022-2023
- A wide range of courses from our Health & Phys-Ed Department are available. Contact Ms. Adams and Mr. Schurer
- Visual Arts – Digital Media (AWS4M1). Contact Mr. Malcolm for information
- Legal Studies (CLN4C1). Contact Mr. Bower for information
- Challenge & Change in Society (HSB4U1). Contact Ms. Davies for informatio
- Computer Engineering Technology (TEJ3M1). Contact Mr. Kurpeikas for information
- Healthcare (TPJ3M1). Contact Ms. Parker for information
- Hospitality & Tourism (TFJ3C1 and TFJ4C1). Contact Ms. Davies for information
- Ancaster High School Course Offerings
- Student Registration Forms
- Math Pathways Flow Chart : to help determine which math courses to take
- Out-of-Catchment policy : for students not in the Ancaster High School catchment area
- Secondary Out Of Catchment Application Form (follow the link above to see if we are open and to download the application)
- Experiential Learning – including OYAP, system co-op opportunities, dual credits
- Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) – Manufacturing, Information & Communication Technology, and Hospitality & Tourism
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme – IBDP
Updated on Monday, March 28, 2022.