What do you need to graduate?
Timetable Changes for Semester Two are Now Closed
NOTES ON CHANGING CLASSES:
- Most classes are full – timetable changes will be very difficult.
To request a change, click here and we will try to make the change.
- The last day to request a change is February 9 at 3:00 p.m.
- If you don’t hear from us by February 10, then we weren’t able to make the change.
- Please attend all currently scheduled courses until you are notified if a seat becomes available
- Moving sections of the same course is only allowed if the new section is smaller. This helps us too! Requests based on the name of the teacher, the teacher’s teaching style, time of day, or other students in the class will be disregarded. Extenuating circumstances are always considered after an interview with your vice-principal (Ms. Wilkie A-K & Ms. Davy L-Z, )
- Available seats are assigned based on need (graduation requirement, post-secondary requirement, medical accommodation, etc), then chronological order
NOTES ON E-LEARNING:
- All e-Learning classes are already closed or have a waitlist
- All students who request e-Learning will begin on the waitlist
- Students must follow their current timetable with the mindset that they may never be advanced into e-Learning
- Any student admitted to e-Learning after the first day of school WILL BE BEHIND and we advise that you consider this carefully before accepting the seat
- There is usually an e-Learning orientation session for all students taking or waitlisted for e-Learning
Instructions on to Select and Upload Your Choices (DUE MARCH 3, 2023)
NOTE: Please choose carefully as courses may be filled to their maximum and we cannot guarantee changes to your selections after March 3, 2023.
- Download the Official Course Option Sheet for the 2023-2024 School Year
- Download the course selection guides for:
- Grade 9 to 10, or
- Grade 10 to 11, or
- Grade 11 to 12, or
- Grade 12 to Year 5
- Attend the course selection presentations in our auditorium for:
- Review course descriptions and course prerequisites
- Plan your courses – show your parent/guardian
- Download the Xello Help Guide
- Upload choices to Xello (found in the Hub) by the deadline of March 3, 2023
- Verify that your courses have made it safely and correctly into Xello through Parent Portal starting March 13, 2023
New Courses for 2022-2023
- A wide range of courses from our Health & Phys-Ed Department are available. Contact Ms. Adams and Mr. Schurer
- Visual Arts – Digital Media (AWS4M1). Contact Mr. Malcolm for information
- Legal Studies (CLN4C1). Contact Mr. Bower for information
- Challenge & Change in Society (HSB4U1). Contact Ms. Davies for informatio
- Computer Engineering Technology (TEJ3M1). Contact Mr. Kurpeikas for information
- Healthcare (TPJ3M1). Contact Ms. Parker for information
- Hospitality & Tourism (TFJ3C1 and TFJ4C1). Contact Ms. Davies for information
Students who choose to participate in Concert Band are encouraged to register for Repertoire (AMR1O1, AMR2O1, AMR3M1, or AMR4M1). Repertoire is an additional course that takes place before the school day. Its’ inclusion allows students the opportunity to earn a 9th credit for their Concert Band activities.
- Ancaster High School Course Offerings
- Student Registration Forms
- Math Pathways Flow Chart : to help determine which math courses to take
- Out-of-Catchment policy : for students not in the Ancaster High School catchment area
- Secondary Out Of Catchment Application Form (follow the link above to see if we are open and to download the application)
- Experiential Learning – including OYAP, system co-op opportunities, dual credits
- Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) – Manufacturing, Information & Communication Technology, and Hospitality & Tourism
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme – IBDP