Click here for a colour-coded map of the school’s zones
Our department is comprised of five areas:
- Alternative Education
- Co-operative Education
- Student Success
- Courses: GLC2O3, GWL3O1
Alternative Education Staff
- Mr. S. Gillen – Alternative-Educaction Teacher
Co-operative Education Staff
- Ms. C. O’Sullivan – Assistant Head of Student Services – ext 4316 – Students with last names A-G and International Students
- Mr. S. Nicholson – Head of Student Services – Students with last names H-N and International Baccalaureate counsellor
- Mr. J. Vallance – Guidance Counsellor – ext 4317 – Students with last names O-Z and SSCP program
- Mrs. M. DesRochers – Administrative Assistant – ext 4320
- Mr. D. Taylor – IB Co-ordinator – ext 5766
All appointments are virtual and can be self-booked here.
- The Ancaster High School deadline for applying is December 11, 2020. Please click here for more information.
- This year’s application cycle begins in November. Please do not begin your application unless you have participated in our application tutorial (coming soon).
- It is time to begin researching colleges in advance of applications. Click here for more information.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB)
Community and Continuing Education (CE) – Hill Park Learning Centre
- Night school registration is now open, course offerings are here
- Please click here to register
- NOTE: it has been a long time since there was enough interest for CE to run their semester one night school program. Please do not rely on this program for compulsory credits needed for graduation. Please ensure you have a backup plan that was discussed with your guidance counsellor.
Ancaster High Information
- Peer tutoring
- Community Tutor List October 2018: please contact individual tutors for information on their experience, availability, and rates for service.
- TVO Mathify: to support learning at home, tutors are available for math help for students from grades 6-10, Mondays to Thursday (9:00 am – 9:00 pm) and on Sundays (3:30 pm – 9:00 pm). In order for students to access this free program, students can visit http://TVOMathify.com and register. Students will need their OEN.
- Dr. Math -for assistance with math.
- Homework Help – for assistance with math.
- Study Skills Brochure
- Anxiety Coping Strategies
Study and Go Abroad
The Virtual Education Fair is this Thursday, September 24, 2020 and includes an exciting line up of universities, colleges and language schools from Canada and many other countries, including Australia, UK, New Zealand, USA, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, France, Spain and Israel. Exhibitors will be promoting programs in a full range of subject areas ranging from Medicine, Law, Pharmacy, Technology, Hospitality, Sciences, Business, Psychology to Music and Arts (including Performing Arts). Click here for details.