Don’t miss out on a chance to meet ALL Ontario colleges in one place! Attend the Ontario College Fair on October 19, 2022 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. and/or October 20 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. This is a chance for meeting college recruiters, college staff, and college students.
**College Applications for the 2023-2024 School Year are Now Open! APPLY NOW!**
Applications to college must be complete and the $110 fee paid in full by the Ancaster High School deadline of December 16, 2022. The colleges have posted the Equal Consideration date of February 1, 2023.
- The college application seminar is October 4, 2022 at 9:30 a.m. in the auditorium
- A .pdf version of the presentation is here
- A video on how to apply using the ontariocolleges.ca website is here
- Review the colleges’ “How to apply” document here
- Download our college application tip sheet here
- Read an important message from the colleges on the new November 1 offer date here
Don’t forget to visit Mohawk College’s Open House nights at their three campuses between November 5 and 10. Details here!
Students can contact OCAS in the following ways:
- By phone, toll free (in Canada): 1-888-892-2228 or 1-519-763-4725
- Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Via e-mail at email@example.com
- Live chat Monday to Thursday (8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) and Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
College to University Credit Transfer
- Credit Transfer Between Colleges and Universities in Ontario
- OCAS provides information on how to transfer college credit to a university in Ontario via www.ontransfer.ca
Financial Aid for College
- OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) to apply for a student loan. Students will require financial information from parents as well as the cost of tuition, residence/transportation, additional program fees… All OSAP information will be handled through the Financial Aid Office of the college they will attend
- OSAP Estimator will help determine what you will likely be eligible to receive in student loans
Do College Graduates get Jobs?
- Check out the Mohawk College Graduate Employment Report
Private Career Colleges
Some students may want/need to access privately operated colleges that have very specific courses and programs leading directly to career paths. It is recommended that students get specific information about these colleges including whether or not they are registered and have approved programs with provincial government. Students should also ask questions about job placement statistics and recognition of diplomas and certificates before enrolling in any private career college. For more information on Private Career Colleges, visit the Government of Ontario website https://www.ontario.ca/education-and-training/private-career-colleges .
Music and Multimedia Colleges
- Metalworks Institute has 1 year, 2 year, or certificate programs for students interested in music performance and technology and those interested in various aspects of the music industry.
- Recording Arts Canada Digital Arts College (RAC) has 3 programs of study: Sound and Music Recording, Digital Media, and Game Design.
- The Ontario Institute of Audio Recodring Technology – OIART has many courses to train students in areas of audio engineering, including Recording Technology, Music Production, and Live Sound
- The Toronto Film School has programs in Film Production, Acting, and Film and Television Writing.
- The Arts Institutes has courses in the areas of design, fashion, media arts and culinary.
Hair Design and Esthetics Colleges
- College of Makeup Art and Design – Makeup for Fashion, Photography, Special Effects, and Character Design.
- Marca College – a NEW Hamilton location is coming soon.
- Bruno’s School of Hair Design – 1500 hour course focuses on specifics of modern hair design.
Health and Dental Colleges
- Ontario College of Health & Technology: programs include Paramedic, Massage Therapy, Communications Dispatcher, Medical/Dental Office Administration
- Southern Ontario Dental College: programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Ancaster
- The Canadian Academy of Dental Health and Community Sciences :programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Mississauga
- Medix School: programs in Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Assistant, Community Service Worker, Personal Support Worker – in Brantford
- Stratford Chefs School – students are registered apprentices who train and attend classes through the school.
- Liaison College – several programs with a variety of training provided.
Performing Arts Colleges
- The Randolph Academy of Performing Arts in Toronto offers training in dance, vocal, and acting.
Multiple Diploma Options
- triOS College Canada offers programs in areas of business, technology, law, and health care.
- Westervelt College in London, Ontario provides programs in Business, Healthcare, Law, IT or the Service industry.
Updated on Tuesday, October 04, 2022.