College Application Information (2021-2022)
- Application instruction worksheet is here
- Application video from OCAS is here and screenshots with helpful notes are here
- Most students need no other information from the school to apply. The college application website uses things like your full name, date of birth, and address to find your data
- If you need your OEN or student number, this information can be found on a report card or status sheet
- Please e-mail your guidance counsellor if you are having trouble locating this information
- The college application seminar video is here
- A .pdf version of the presentation is here
- Our Guide to Researching Colleges is here
Ontario College Virtual Fair
Please attend the Ontario College Virtual Fair!
- November 4 from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- November 5 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (students in Cohort/Track B will need permission from a parent/guardian to miss class)
- Please watch a video on what the fair can offer you here
Ancaster High students can:
- Talk to college recruiters, staff, and students
- Ask questions and get insight from professors, recruitment advisors, current students and alumni at all Ontario Colleges
- Attend information sessions on
- How to pay for college
- How to apply for college
- College pathways to rewarding and high paying careers!
Researching & Applying to College (2021-2022)
Please view the college application video (above) and the resources below to support your research.
- For research and application, please visit www.ontariocolleges.ca
- Why College?
- Applying to College – a video from Ontario Colleges Application Service (OCAS)
- Application Guide
The traditional in-person recruitment tours and visits have been cancelled this year by Ontario colleges. Mohawk is offering excellent virtual recruitment information here.
Students can contact OCAS in the following ways:
- By phone, toll free (in Canada): 1-888-892-2228 or 1-519-763-4725
- Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Via e-mail at email@example.com
- Live chat Monday to Thursday (8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) and Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
College to University Credit Transfer
- Credit Transfer Between Colleges and Universities in Ontario
- OCAS provides information on how to transfer college credit to a university in Ontario via www.ontransfer.ca
Financial Aid for College
- OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) to apply for a student loan. Students will require financial information from parents as well as the cost of tuition, residence/transportation, additional program fees… All OSAP information will be handled through the Financial Aid Office of the college they will attend
- OSAP Estimator will help determine what you will likely be eligible to receive in student loans
Do College Graduates get Jobs?
- Check out the Mohawk College Graduate Employment Report
Private Career Colleges
Music and Multimedia Colleges
- Metalworks Institute has 1 year, 2 year, or certificate programs for students interested in music performance and technology and those interested in various aspects of the music industry.
- Recording Arts Canada Digital Arts College (RAC) has 3 programs of study: Sound and Music Recording, Digital Media, and Game Design.
- The Ontario Institute of Audio Recodring Technology – OIART has many courses to train students in areas of audio engineering, including Recording Technology, Music Production, and Live Sound
- The Toronto Film School has programs in Film Production, Acting, and Film and Television Writing.
- The Arts Institutes has courses in the areas of design, fashion, media arts and culinary.
Hair Design and Esthetics Colleges
- College of Makeup Art and Design – Makeup for Fashion, Photography, Special Effects, and Character Design.
- Marca College – a NEW Hamilton location is coming soon.
- Bruno’s School of Hair Design – 1500 hour course focuses on specifics of modern hair design.
Health and Dental Colleges
- Ontario College of Health & Technology: programs include Paramedic, Massage Therapy, Communications Dispatcher, Medical/Dental Office Administration
- Southern Ontario Dental College: programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Ancaster
- The Canadian Academy of Dental Health and Community Sciences :programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Mississauga
- Medix School: programs in Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Assistant, Community Service Worker, Personal Support Worker – in Brantford
- Stratford Chefs School – students are registered apprentices who train and attend classes through the school.
- Liaison College – several programs with a variety of training provided.
Performing Arts Colleges
- The Randolph Academy of Performing Arts in Toronto offers training in dance, vocal, and acting.
Multiple Diploma Options
- triOS College Canada offers programs in areas of business, technology, law, and health care.
- Westervelt College in London, Ontario provides programs in Business, Healthcare, Law, IT or the Service industry.