Attend the College Pathway Panel presentation on Tuesday, April 19th at 9 a.m. via Zoom to learn more about the degrees, diplomas, and more offered by Ontario colleges. Details here: Mohawk College – College Pathway Panel
**College Applications APPLY NOW! (2022-2023)**
Applications to college must be complete and the $95 fee paid in full by the Anacaster High School deadline of December 10, 2021. The colleges have posted the Equal Consideration date of February 1, 2022.
- The college application seminar video is here
- A .pdf version of the presentation is here
- Please review our Guide to Researching Colleges too!
- Read an important message from the colleges on the new November 1 offer date here
- Watch the college application video here
- Download the step by step screenshots from the colleges here (some screens might look different with the updated site)
- Download our college application tip sheet here
College Mondays – Register Now!
For the 2022-2023 application cycle, College Mondays offer students a chance to learn about college programs and how to apply!
- Every week you’ll be able to meet a small group of College representatives to learn about their programs and to ask your questions in breakout rooms.
- These virtual events are replacing the annual College Information Program (CIP) events that ran across the province.
- Every Monday in October and November, there will be four panel groups running simultaneously on Zoom, each made up of six to seven colleges.
- Each panel group will provide:
- A brief overview of Ontario Colleges (the college advantage, admissions)
- Highlights from each college on the panel
- Breakout rooms for you to ask questions to individual college representatives
How it works
A. Choose a panel group
Panel 1 –
Canadore, Conestoga, Fleming, Humber, Michener, Ridgetown (University of Guelph)
Panel 2 –
Algonquin, Boreal, Mohawk, Niagara, Northern, Seneca, St Lawrence
Panel 3 –
Cambrian, Centennial, Durham, Fanshawe, Georgian, La Cite
Panel 4 –
Confederation, George Brown, Lambton, Loyalist, Sheridan, St. Clair
B. Choose a date
After you choose a panel group, you will have a dropdown menu to choose a date:
Monday, Oct. 18 6-7pm
Monday, Oct. 25 4-5pm
Monday, Nov. 1 6-7pm
Monday, Nov. 8 4-5pm
Monday, Nov. 15 6-7pm
Monday, Nov. 22 4-5pm
Monday, Nov. 2 5-7pm
Ontario College Virtual Fair
- This has been replaced by College Mondays (see above) for Fall 2021
Researching & Applying to College (2022-2023)
Please view the college application video (above) and the resources below to support your research.
- For research and application, please visit www.ontariocolleges.ca
- Applying to College – a video from Ontario Colleges Application Service (OCAS)
The traditional in-person recruitment tours and visits have been cancelled this year by Ontario colleges. Mohawk is offering excellent virtual recruitment information here.
Students can contact OCAS in the following ways:
- By phone, toll free (in Canada): 1-888-892-2228 or 1-519-763-4725
- Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat Monday to Thursday (8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) and Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
College to University Credit Transfer
- Credit Transfer Between Colleges and Universities in Ontario
- OCAS provides information on how to transfer college credit to a university in Ontario via www.ontransfer.ca
Financial Aid for College
- OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) to apply for a student loan. Students will require financial information from parents as well as the cost of tuition, residence/transportation, additional program fees… All OSAP information will be handled through the Financial Aid Office of the college they will attend
- OSAP Estimator will help determine what you will likely be eligible to receive in student loans
Do College Graduates get Jobs?
- Check out the Mohawk College Graduate Employment Report
Private Career Colleges
Music and Multimedia Colleges
- Metalworks Institute has 1 year, 2 year, or certificate programs for students interested in music performance and technology and those interested in various aspects of the music industry.
- Recording Arts Canada Digital Arts College (RAC) has 3 programs of study: Sound and Music Recording, Digital Media, and Game Design.
- The Ontario Institute of Audio Recodring Technology – OIART has many courses to train students in areas of audio engineering, including Recording Technology, Music Production, and Live Sound
- The Toronto Film School has programs in Film Production, Acting, and Film and Television Writing.
- The Arts Institutes has courses in the areas of design, fashion, media arts and culinary.
Hair Design and Esthetics Colleges
- College of Makeup Art and Design – Makeup for Fashion, Photography, Special Effects, and Character Design.
- Marca College – a NEW Hamilton location is coming soon.
- Bruno’s School of Hair Design – 1500 hour course focuses on specifics of modern hair design.
Health and Dental Colleges
- Ontario College of Health & Technology: programs include Paramedic, Massage Therapy, Communications Dispatcher, Medical/Dental Office Administration
- Southern Ontario Dental College: programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Ancaster
- The Canadian Academy of Dental Health and Community Sciences :programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Mississauga
- Medix School: programs in Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Assistant, Community Service Worker, Personal Support Worker – in Brantford
- Stratford Chefs School – students are registered apprentices who train and attend classes through the school.
- Liaison College – several programs with a variety of training provided.
Performing Arts Colleges
- The Randolph Academy of Performing Arts in Toronto offers training in dance, vocal, and acting.
Multiple Diploma Options
- triOS College Canada offers programs in areas of business, technology, law, and health care.
- Westervelt College in London, Ontario provides programs in Business, Healthcare, Law, IT or the Service industry.