- Students who have applied to college should continue to check their applications for offers of admission.
- May 1, 2019 – due date for students to accept current offers of admission.
- Ontariocolleges.ca to Apply to Ontario Colleges.
- Ontario College Application User Guide
- Making a College Application Instructions Nov 2018
- College Application Tutorial for September 2019
Use these resources to help you with your college application:
Applicants can call the OCAS Helpdesk at 1 – 888 – 892 – 2228 if you are having difficulties.
Information on College Programs
- Ontariocolleges.ca – apply to college, find programs and admission requirements.
- Open House Events – Each campus will have its own date and time for Spring and Fall Open House Events.
- Visit Mohawk College – Attend a “College Information Session” or book a tour at one of their campuses – call 905-575-2310 for details.
- Career Pathways – Not ready for college just yet? Or do you need help finding a Career?
Ontario College Fairs
- College Information Fair 2019 is set for Wednesday, October 23, 2019 (5:00 – 9:00pm) and Thursday, October 24, 2019 (9:00am – 2:00pm) at the Enercare Centre, 100 Princes’ Blvd., Hall B-Exhibition Place in Toronto. Colleges from across Ontario will be present to answer questions about their programs and admission policies.
- College Information Program for students and parents. Mohawk will host all 24 colleges in Ontario as part of the College Information Program (CIP) – Friday, October 19, 2018 from 9:00am to noon.
- Canadian College and University Guide contains information about colleges across Canada.
College to University Transfer Agreements
- Transfer from college to university: Ontariocolleges.ca has new information on transfer options
Financial Aid for College
- OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) to apply for a student loan. Students will require financial information from parents as well as the cost of tuition, residence/transportation, additional program fees… All OSAP information will be handled through the Financial Aid Office of the college they will attend.
- OSAP Estimator will help determine what you will likely be eligible to receive in student loans.
- How to Apply to OSAP
Do College Graduates get Jobs?
- Check out the Mohawk College Graduate Employment Report 2015.
Private Career Colleges
Some students may want/need to access privately operated colleges that have very specific courses and programs leading directly to career paths. It is recommended that students get specific information about these colleges including whether or not they are registered and have approved programs with provincial government. Students should also ask questions about job placement statistics and recognition of diplomas and certificates before enrolling in any private career college. For more information on Private Career Colleges, visit the Government of Ontario website https://www.ontario.ca/education-and-training/private-career-colleges .
Music and Multimedia Colleges
- Metalworks Institute has 1 year, 2 year, or certificate programs for students interested in music performance and technology and those interested in various aspects of the music industry.
- Recording Arts Canada Digital Arts College (RAC) has 3 programs of study: Sound and Music Recording, Digital Media, and Game Design.
- The Ontario Institute of Audio Recodring Technology – OIART has many courses to train students in areas of audio engineering, including Recording Technology, Music Production, and Live Sound
- The Toronto Film School has programs in Film Production, Acting, and Film and Television Writing.
- The Arts Institutes has courses in the areas of design, fashion, media arts and culinary.
Hair Design and Esthetics Colleges
- College of Makeup Art and Design – Makeup for Fashion, Photography, Special Effects, and Character Design.
- Marca College – a NEW Hamilton location is coming soon.
- Bruno’s School of Hair Design – 1500 hour course focuses on specifics of modern hair design.
Health and Dental Colleges
- Ontario College of Health & Technology: programs include Paramedic, Massage Therapy, Communications Dispatcher, Medical/Dental Office Administration
- Southern Ontario Dental College: programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Ancaster
- The Canadian Academy of Dental Health and Community Sciences :programs in Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting – in Mississauga
- Medix School: programs in Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Assistant, Community Service Worker, Personal Support Worker – in Brantford
- Stratford Chefs School – students are registered apprentices who train and attend classes through the school.
- Liaison College – several programs with a variety of training provided.
Performing Arts Colleges
- The Randolph Academy of Performing Arts in Toronto offers training in dance, vocal, and acting.
Multiple Diploma Options
- triOS College Canada offers programs in areas of business, technology, law, and health care.
- Westervelt College in London, Ontario provides programs in Business, Healthcare, Law, IT or the Service industry.
Updated on Monday, April 08, 2019.