Ancaster High School is a certified International Baccalaureate World School offering the Diploma Program (DP).
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
IB Co-ordinator – Mr. Del Taylor email: email@example.com or phone: 905-648-4468 ext 4441
HWDSB – IB Boundary Map 2020 – find the IB School in your area. Ancaster IB is for students in high school on the Hamilton Mountain and in Stoney Creek. Currently Ancaster High School is closed for out of catchment students but please check for updates each year.
Timelines for IB Application Process:
- Applications Due Jan 15, 2021 – Please complete the following
- Acceptance Letters and IB Course Selection Sheet will be sent home around Feb 5-12, 2021
- IB Course Selection Sheet – due Feb 26, 2021
Students currently not attending Ancaster High School must supply a Course transcript of their Grade 9 and 10 grades from their guidance counselors.
Students applying from out of country need to also connect with the HWDSB assessment centre to assess the equivalence of courses learned to properly place the student and also to provide supports for ELL, after English testing, as needed. A transcript will also be required.
IB Parent Meetings
Note: Due to the pandemic, parent information meetings are not being held. Information on what our school has to offer at AHS is on the website listed at the end of this section. The Pre-IB parents meet regularly to receive updates on what is new with Ancaster High School’s IB Diploma Programme, what the IB Diploma Programme has to offer students, and to generally inform parents about the IB Diploma Programme. The meetings also provide opportunities for parents to meet and discuss items with IB teachers, support people, and the IB Coordinator. IB Ancaster Information Website
Grade 9 and 10 IB Interested Parents
Information meeting was on Dec 2 at 6:30 pm. The recording of the info night can be found here.
Please contact the IB Coordinator; Mr. Del Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Grade 11 and 12 IB Parents
Please stay in contact with your IB Coordinator. Exams are typically running in May of each year. Cancellations due to the pandemic will be indicated to the current IB cohorts.
The Learner Profile
What are the benefits of the IB Diploma Programme?
- You receive two diplomas – OSSD and IB
- You are better prepared for post-secondary as IB challenges you earlier and so students develop key skills to succeed in University: time management, perseverance, a global perspective, dealing with stress and techniques to reduce stress, etc.
- International Recognition. Accepted around the world and in some cases offer IB specific scholarships. Check the Universities you are interested in – they should have specific IB sections. We have sent students to Cornell, McGill, Queens, SFX, McMaster and many other post-secondary institutions.