Need to improve your language skills quickly?
Come to school day school!
Literacy-Phase 1 & 2 → CLB 1-2 → CLB 2-3 → CLB 3-4 → CLB 4-5 → CLB 5-8
|Literacy-Phase 1 & 2:
Learn the basics of reading, writing and numeracy. Learners will identify and print letters and numbers as well as read and write short messages.
|CLB 1- 2
Learn new vocabulary, practice listening to conversations and gain a basic understanding of English. Conversation skills are introduced. Learners will write sentences, read short stories and use computers.
Learners start reading short articles and novels. More speaking skills are introduced. Listen to directions and instructions. Improve pronunciation and grammar.
Learn situations and tasks needed in the real world! Express opinions and be part of a conversation. Listen actively to conversations. Expand sentences to make a paragraph.
Improve grammar and writing skills. Learn to write a paragraph and emails. Give a short presentation and express and defend opinions. Use computers to improve language.
Learners interact at an advanced level by preparing presentations, engage in complex conversations and learn to write essays. Learn academic and business English.
Sessions for 2018-2019
Fall session starts September 4 2018
Winter session starts January 7 2019
Spring session starts April 1 2019
*Students will have an interview with their instructor and receive a progress report at the end of each session. All students receive a portfolio to collect assessments. Join us today and start improving your English!
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Registration & Assessment
- Call or visit one of our sites to start improving your English today.
- Hill Park Learning Centre (905) 561-2190
- City Learning Centre (905) 525-8833
- Mountain Learning Centre (905) 383-6732 (Option 0)
- Parkway Learning Centre (905) 573-0941
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All new students require a language assessment.
- Monday to Friday day classes- $10*
- Night and Saturday Classes- $5*
- No fees for students in the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program
- Additional fees for Visitors to Canada (Click to see details)
*Material fee- required each term
Students must be 18 years of age or older at the moment of registration
Child care and bus tickets are available to eligible LINC students
Information on the language training
All our courses are designed on individual needs. Classes are based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB). The CLBs are the standards used in Canada in language learning and teaching. The Benchmarks describe what a person who is learning English can do at in different situations at home, at school and at work. Our courses follow the Portfolio Based Language Assessment system. Students choose the tasks they want to learn.
- “I can statements” https://www.language.ca/index.cfm?Voir=sections&Id=17369&M=4038&Repertoire_No=2137991327
- Self-assess your language skills https://www.language.ca/index.cfm?Voir=sections&Id=17885&M=4032&Repertoire_No=2137991327