Need to improve your language skills quickly?
Come to school day school!
Literacy-Phase 1 & 2 → CLB 1-2 → CLB 2-3 → CLB 3-4 → CLB 4-5 → CLB 5-8
|Literacy-Phase 1 & 2:
Learn the basics of reading, writing and numeracy. Learners will identify and print letters and numbers as well as read and write short messages.
|CLB 1- 2
Learn new vocabulary, practice listening to conversations and gain a basic understanding of English. Conversation skills are introduced. Learners will write sentences, read short stories and use computers.
Learners start reading short articles and novels. More speaking skills are introduced. Listen to directions and instructions. Improve pronunciation and grammar.
Learn situations and tasks needed in the real world! Express opinions and be part of a conversation. Listen actively to conversations. Expand sentences to make a paragraph.
Improve grammar and writing skills. Learn to write a paragraph and emails. Give a short presentation and express and defend opinions. Use computers to improve language.
Learners interact at an advanced level by preparing presentations, engage in complex conversations and learn to write essays. Learn academic and business English.
Sessions for 2020-2021
Fall/Winter session starts September 2020 to January 29, 2021
Winter/Spring session starts February 1, 2021 to June 18, 2021
*Students will have an interview with their instructor and receive a progress report at the end of each session. All students receive a portfolio to collect assessments. Join us today and start improving your English!
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Registration & Assessment
- Call or visit one of our sites to start improving your English today.
- Hill Park Learning Centre (905) 561-2190
- City Learning Centre (905) 525-8833
- Parkway Learning Centre (905) 573-0941
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All new students require a language assessment. We can book an appointment for you.
- No fees for permanent residents, refugees, and naturalized Canadian citizens
- Additional fees for Visitors to Canada (Click to see details)
Students must be 18 years of age or older to register.
Child care and bus tickets are available to eligible LINC students.
Information on the language training
All our courses are designed on individual needs. Classes are based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB). The CLBs are the standards used in Canada in language learning and teaching. The Benchmarks describe what a person who is learning English can do at in different situations at home, at school and at work. Our courses follow the Portfolio Based Language Assessment system. Students choose the tasks they want to learn.
- “I can statements” https://www.language.ca/index.cfm?Voir=sections&Id=17369&M=4038&Repertoire_No=2137991327
- Self-assess your language skills https://www.language.ca/index.cfm?Voir=sections&Id=17885&M=4032&Repertoire_No=2137991327