This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.
The Essential Skills Upgrading Program is a skills development program in communication (reading, writing and speaking) and numeracy at a pre-high school level. Its purpose is to help adults with developmental disabilities, attain their goals related to further training, employment, or independence.
What is the Essential Skills Upgrading Program?
- Upgrading of basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Practical context in which these skills will be employed
- Expressed needs and interests of the adults themselves
Who is eligible for the Essential Skills Upgrading Program?
There are two basic requirements for admission to the Essential Skills Upgrading Program:
- The adult should be able to profit from instruction in basic numeracy and literacy (teacher assessment).
- The adult must be physically autonomous and possess the capacity for independent action.
What are the Essential Skills Upgrading program fees?
The LBS Essential Skills Upgrading Program is FREE!
Where are Essential Skills Upgrading Classes Held?
Essential Skills Upgrading classes are held at the NEW Hill Park Learning Centre, 465 East 16th Street, Hamilton.
Classes are held Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
When and Where is Registration?
Enrollment to the Essential Skills Upgrading Program is continuous throughout the school year. Our hours and days are flexible.
For more information, including eligibility criteria, contact:
NEW Hill Park Learning Centre
465 East 16th Street
Hamilton, Ontario L9A 4K6