[Skip to Content]

Guidance Department Services

A+ A-

WELCOME TO STUDENT SERVICES and the guidance office!

Our department is comprised of five areas:

  • alternative education
  • cooperative education
  • guidance
  • student success
  • courses–Careers (GLC2O3)

Alternative Education Staff:

Mr. Hutton, Ms. Johnson

Cooperative Education Staff:

Mr. Laporta, Mrs. Gilchrist, Ms. Ajdinovic

Guidance Staff–Counsellors:

Ms. K. Miminas – Department Head supporting students with last names L-Z

Mr. S. Ireland –  Assistant Department Head supporting students with last names A-K

Ms.  M. Hewitt – English Language Learner/ESL guidance counsellor

Student Success Teachers:

Ms. M. Burnell – supporting Grade 10, 11, 12 students

Mr. L. Bramer – supporting Grade 9 students

Need to Talk poster

Guidance Secretary:

Ms. E. Dubec– 4657

Careers Teacher:

Mr. G. Enright


Timetable changes for semester 2 are now complete. The last day for any timetable changes for semester 2 was Friday, February 9th.
  • Any emails sent to counsellors regarding timetable changes will not receive a response.  Please make a guidance appointment through the Glendale Guidance HUB page and come to the guidance office at your appointment time–you will not be called out of class. Guidance appointments are now available face-to-face in the guidance office and will require you to miss some class time–please inform your teachers that this is happening.
  • Remember, if your last name begins with the letters A-K you will see Mr. Ireland; if your last name begins with the letters L-Z, you will see Ms. Miminas; if you are an ELL student taking ESL classes (or have taken ESL classes), you will see Ms. Hewitt.
  • eLearning​–All elearning courses will be found in the HUB and will follow the timelines of the semester; this is particularly important for students who are learning face to face and only taking one elearning course per semester.  If you no longer want to take an elearning class, there may not be any other options at this time.  Please continue to access and work on your course through the HUB.  Students who have elected for the remote learning option will access all their courses through the HUB. For students wanting to take an eLearning course in semester 2, please note that ALL elearning classes are FULL and no changes will be made.
  • Please see the Guidance HUB page for information regarding the Community Involvement Hours process and the online form that can be completed and submitted via email.

Attendance/Registration Letters

We are more than happy to provide you with a letter proving that you are registered with us at Glendale.  Please make sure to bring your original request.  Letters can take up to 24 hours to be prepared.  Letters of attendance will include your name, your date of birth, your attendance, your address and parent/guardian information.  Please be sure that you inform the office if you have any changes to any of the information mentioned above.


Planning on leaving Glendale?  If you are 18 years of age or older, or are self-supporting, please email your Counsellor to start the withdrawal process.  If you are under 18 years of age, please have your parent/guardian contact the Main Office to start the process.  And don’t forget to return your iPad and textbooks to your teachers or to the main office.  Otherwise, you will be sent an invoice so that we can replace the book/technology.

Transcript Requests

You may request copies of your transcript in Guidance by asking the Office Administrator as long as you are a current, active student, or you have been a student no longer than one year from the time of your withdrawal.  There is no charge for this service.  Former students and graduates (more than one year removed) can obtain a copy of their transcript of marks by contacting the Office of Student Records, 905-521-2523. You will need to provide identification such as a driver’s license, health card, or birth certificate when making the request.

Volunteering and Community Involvement Hours

You must complete a minimum of 40 hours of community involvement while in high school. Please review the HWDSB policy and guidelines available here: https://www.hwdsb.on.ca/secondary/graduation-information/diploma-requirements/cih/students/

To submit your hours, please complete the fillable form here: Community-Service-Form

For a quick facts downloadable sheet, please check out this document: Community-Service-Facts

Updated on Wednesday, March 27, 2024.
Back to the top