Please contact Mr. Lewis at ext. 229 or Mr. Kot at ext. 531 for more information regarding cooperative education.
Cooperative Education – Expanded and NEW Curriculum!
Earning more credits through workplace experience
What is it?
A program that allows students to apply one, two or more co-op credits towards their compulsory or optional high school graduation requirements.
Who is it for?
Students who are heading for university, college, apprenticeship or the workplace.
How does it help?
Students have the opportunity to:
- Experience hands-on learning
- “Test-drive” career options
- See the relevance of their classroom learning
- Develop the essential skills and habits required in the workplace
- Gain valuable work experience to help build a resumé for postsecondary programs and future employment
- Connect to their Specialist High Skills Major sector for first-hand experience
Cooperative Education Fact Sheet