- Mr. B. Bukvic (Dept. Head) ext. 4602 email@example.com
- Mr. G. Persichini (Acting Dept. Head) ext. 5723 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. B. Caldwell ext. 5778 email@example.com
- Mr. C. Dilks ext. 5801 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. S. Kraemer ext. 5714 email@example.com
Science is a way of thinking. In an increasingly scientific world, our students need to develop the skills and knowledge that will allow them to understand the many ways science & technology will affect their lives.
Not every student will pursue a scientific career, but all of them will be faced with decisions that involve science. SWC Science Department wants to enable students to make those decisions in an informed manner.
Depending on individual interest & ability, students will select Grade 9 Science at one of three course types: Essential, Applied, or Academic. In Grade 10, students build on concepts acquired in Grade 9, while in Grade 11 and Grade 12 the courses offered branch out into the three major areas of Science: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. There is a specialized senior course in Environmental Science offering students a more in-depth look at ecology and geology, all in the context of current issues in those fields.
You can follow SWC Science on twitter: @SWCScience