Welcome to the online HWDSB Secondary Course Calendar. The selection of courses and programs in secondary school depends on a partnership between students, parents, the school and the community.
Note for students–not all courses in the Course Calendar are offered at Sir Winston Churchill. Some courses on the SWC option sheet will not run due to insufficient enrollment; please see your guidance counselor for questions.
How to Register
During the school year, if you’re new to the area and your child was enrolled in secondary school, please register with us as soon as possible by filling out the registration package below and submitting to our Student services. Form can be picked up from Student Services as well.
Not Sure of Your Catchment?
* If you are unsure of your catchment status, please visit the HWDSB website and use the Find a School tool to determine which school you will attend for September 2018.
You will need to type in your address, select your grade level, select your program (French Immersion or Regular), then click “Search”.
If you are Out-of-Catchment (OOC) and still wish to apply you will need to fill out an Out-of-Catchment form. More information regarding the OOC process, can be found here: Out of Catchment Info
NOTE: ALL secondary schools are CLOSED to Out-of-Catchment as of March 2, 2018, for the 2018/2019 school year.
If you’re arriving during the summer, please contact the school in your area to find out registration dates and make an appointment with a principal or vice-principal.
Note: If the student is not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, the status of the Parent or Guardian will determine the ability to attend school. Under new Immigration rules, those with a Study Permit, Work Permit, refugee claimant, or landed immigrant may attend a school with proper documentation. Fees may be charged in accordance with Education Act regulations. Please contact Paula Stableford, Supervisor of Admissions and International Education Programs, at 905-527-5092 ext. 2235 for further information.
The school will require one of the following:
- Proof of Birth (Birth Certificate)
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- New Permanent Resident Card
In addition, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Student and parent/guardian’s full mailing address (example: as shown on a hydro bill)
- Parent/guardian’s place of employment and telephone number
- Previous school record and school contact information
- Emergency contact person and telephone number
- Immunization record
- Doctor’s name, address and telephone number
- Custody information (if applicable)
- SWC Registration Checklist
- HWDSB Student Registration Form
- HWDSB Documentation Verification Form
- HWDSB Media Consent Form
- OFSAA Transfer Policy Appeal Form
(Ontario Federation of School Athletic Associations)
- SWC 2020-2021 Course Offerings
- Out of Catchment Form 2020-2021 (Out of Catchment now CLOSED)