Welcome to Student Services!
At Sir Winston Churchill, we offer a variety of services to assist students in both academics and their well-being.
Please follow us on Twitter for updates @swc_guidance.
Our Guidance Counsellors are assigned alphabetically by students’ last names.
- Ms. S. Hockin—A-K—extension 4605 (Head of Student Services)
- Mr. J. O’Connor—L-Z—extension 4606 (Assistant Head of Student Services)
Appointments for counsellors can be made by contacting the Student Services Administrative Assistant 905-547-6415.
- Ms. Grace Simon—extension 4608
Additional support is offered to Grade 9 students to help them with their transition to high school.
- Mr. G. Watson—extension 4607 (Student Success Lead Teacher)
Additional Community Supports
In addition to our Guidance staff, we have a variety of community supports available to students.
All of our supports are accessed through referrals, although students can often self-refer.
- Ms. Shannon Collerman—Public Health Nurse; (905) 546-2424 ext 7178
- Ms. Lorena Dolinar—Alternatives for Youth; available Monday to Wednesday; 905-549-4124
- Mr. Dennis Villannueva — Social Worker; ext 4616
- Ms. Stephanie Hampson —John Howard Society ext 4617; available Monday to Thursday
- Mr. Brionne Asham—NYA:WEH Aboriginal youth worker ext5743 ; available every day in room 333