If you have questions, please see Ms. Miminas in Guidance. You can also see Mr. Kinsfather in room 2043, Mr. Forde in room 3017, Mr. Gamble in room 2041 or Ms. Gal in room 2040.
Sir Winston Churchill is home to FOUR (4) SHSM programs:
- Aviation & Aerospace
Aviation & Aerospace Courses
- Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness Courses
- Transportation (NEW!!)
Courses focused towards a career
What are they?
Specialist High Skills Majors let students focus on a career path that matches their skills and interests while meeting the requirements of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). Students receive the SHSM seal on their diploma when they:
- complete a specific bundle of 8-10 courses in the student’s selected field
- earn valuable industry certifications including first aid and CPR qualifications
- gain important skills on the job through cooperative education placements.
Who are they for?
Grade 11 and 12 students who are:
- heading for apprenticeship training, college, university or the workplace
- wanting to identify, explore and refine their career goals and make informed choices about their next steps after secondary school.
How can they help?
Students have the opportunity to:
- gain important skills on the job with actual employers, at skills training centres and at school
- earn valuable industry certifications, including first aid and CPR qualifications.