|The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.|
IB Co-ordinator – Mr. Del Taylor email: email@example.com phone: 905-648-4468 x562
HWDSB – IB Boundary Map 2018– find the IB School in your area.
Ancaster High School is an International Baccalaureate World School
- IB World School – Ancaster High School profile
- Ancaster HS IB Handbook – This is a comprehensive document that gives detailed information about the IB Diploma Programme at Ancaster High School.
IB Applications are DUE – January 19, 2018 – to Ancaster High School
Students in grade 10 who wish to apply to Ancaster High School for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme MUST have their applications in to Ancaster High School by January 19, 2018.
Timelines for IB Application Process:
Students currently not attending Ancaster High School can check the HWDSB – IB Boundary Map 2018 to ensure you are in the catchment area for Ancaster High School’s IB Programme.
IB Parent Meetings
The Pre-IB parents meet regularly to receive updates on what is new with Ancaster High School’s IB Diploma Programme, what the IB Diploma Programme has to offer students, and to generally inform parents about the IB Diploma Programme. The meetings also provide opportunities for parents to meet and discuss items with IB teachers, support people, and the IB Coordinator.
INFORMATION PRESENTED AT THE FOLLOWING MEETINGS CAN BE FOUND AT: https://ancasteribparents.weebly.com
Grade 9 and 10 IB Interested Parents
Grade 11 and 12 IB Parents
International Baccalaureate in Canada
The University of British Columbia (UBC) Information Program
Your Degree at UBC – At Your Degree at UBC, hear from UBC experts and current students to learn about your dream program – or to decide which programs interest you. We will share information you cannot get anywhere else, from your first-year options to majors, co-ops, and international experiences. At this half-day event, hear a brief overview of UBC, then choose two program sessions from Arts, Science, Engineering, Health, and Business. This event is open to all prospective students and their families. Date – coming soon
At the very centre of the IB model lies the Learner Profile
A set of characteristics that all IB teachers work to develop in their students and that all IB learners strive to attain. To learn more about the IB Learner Profile, watch this video.
What are IB students doing around the world?
What are the benefits of the IB Diploma Programme?
- Preparing students for success in higher education and life in a global society.
- Hear from the IB students at Kenner Collegiate.
- Watch some video from the IB Conference of the Americas 2012.
- What do students say when they “Experience the IB Diploma Programme”?
University Recognition of the IB Diploma Programme
- Dalhousie University – Admission standards and advanced standing credits policy – for all HL courses 5 or higher and an additional credit for completion of the TOK (Theory of Knowledge) component.
- Acadia University IB Admission Guidelines for IB students.
- St Mary’s University IB Recognition Policies St. Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia also has special scholarships for IB Diploma graduates.
- University of British Columbia actively encourages IB Diploma and IB Certificate holders to attend their institution. UBC takes great pride in being a leading institution of selecting IB graduates for their programs.
- Queen’s University – IB transfer credit policies
- University of Rochester values the IB Diploma Programme with specific scholarship opportunities.
Are you looking for a summer IB experience?
- Oxford Study Courses offer a variety of programmes for students entering the IBDP or those going from year 1 to year 2 in their IBDP. Programmes are available in Oxford and Cambridge, UK, in Boston, USA and now in Vancouver, Canada.
- SHAD experiences are an excellent way to extend IB learning through the summer.