Please click the link to view the presentation from the Option Night held on January 9, 2020.
Grade 9 Option Process for students currently in Westdale’s catchment:
Our current Associate Schools are: Bennetto, Dalewood, Guy Brown (FI students only), Hess Street, Ryerson, Sir William Osler (FI students only).
For students attending our six associate schools:
- Students will bring home their option sheet from school in January
- Students and parents will complete the option sheet at home. Course descriptions are available on Career Cruising or families may view the HWDSB Secondary Course Calendar
- Parents will sign the option sheets; students will return to school
- Options will be entered into Career Cruising with support of Grade 8 teacher and Westdale Student Services the week of February 18
Registration Process for students in Westdale’s catchment but not attending one of the schools listed above:
Beginning February 3, 2020:
- Print the Westdale Registration Checklist, HWDSB Student Registration Form, Media Consent Form, and Grade 9 Option Sheet. Please see below for all the necessary registration documents and information.
- Complete and sign all forms.
- Take the completed Option Sheet to your current school so the Grade 8 teacher(s) can check off course type recommendations and the Principal can sign and return the option sheet to you.
- Return all of the completed and signed forms along with all of the required documents listed in the Westdale Registration Checklist to Mrs. Harvey in Student Services, no later than 3pm Friday, February 21, 2020.
- You will be contacted by email by February 28, 2020 regarding the status of your application to Westdale.
- If you are not able to download the forms from the Westdale website, you can also pick up them up from the Student Services Office beginning February 3, 2020.
Not sure of your catchment?
- If you are unsure of your catchment status, please visit the HWDSB website and use the Find a School tool to determine which school your student will attend.
- Type in your address, select your grade level, select your program (French Immersion or Regular), then click “Search”.
Documents for Registration
- Westdale Registration Checklist
- HWDSB Student Registration Form
- Media Consent
- 2020-2021 GRADE 9 OPTION SHEET WESTDALE
- Westdale Educational Planner
- HWDSB Secondary Course Calendar