Westdale has a tradition of academic excellence. Students are encouraged to demonstrate their commitment to academic excellence by working hard in their chosen pathway to meet the Honour Roll criteria:
Honour Roll Criteria
Grade 9 & 10
80% average in 7 Ministry approved courses taken July through June of a school year.
Grade 11 & 12
80% average in 6 Ministry approved courses taken July through June of a school year. NOTE: For grade 12, courses must be from the senior division.
Ontario Scholar Requirements (Grad Year)
Ontario scholars are students who are recognized for attaining an aggregate score of 480 points, based on their best 6 grade 12 courses (regardless of the year taken).
- Grade 12 U,M,C,E or O courses
- Awarded as a Graduate or Post-Graduate
- Qualifying courses may be completed over more than 1 year
- Any course shall be multiplied by its credit value (i.e. CO-OP mark will count 2 times)
Summa Cum Laude
- Top 5% of the graduating class using the Honour Roll Criteria
Updated on Wednesday, December 12, 2018.