Grade 9 Option Sheet Process (In Catchment)
* Students living within the Sir Winston Churchill catchment and currently attending an HWDSB school, will fill out option sheets provided by SWC, at their current elementary school. Students will then enter their options online in Career Cruising, with the help of their Grade 8 classroom teacher.
Grade 9 Registration Process (In Catchment, but not attending a feeder school)
- Download the Sir Winston Churchill (SWC) Registration Checklist, HWDSB Student Registration Form, Media Consent Form, and Grade 9 Option Sheet. Please see below for all the necessary registration documents and information.
- Complete all of the forms and sign them. Use the Grade 9 Course Description & Handbook below to help you choose your Grade 9 courses.
- Take the completed Option Sheet to your current school so the Grade 8 teacher(s) can check off course level recommendations and the Principal can sign and return the option sheet to you.
- Return all of the completed and signed forms along with all of the required documents listed in the Sir Winston Churchill Registration Checklist to Student Services.
- Once all completed forms are submitted a meeting with administration & guidance counselors will be scheduled.
You may be contacted if your application is not eligible due to your home address being outside our school catchment area. (Please see the below information on the out-of-catchment process*)
- If you are not able to download the forms from the Sir Winston Churchill website, you can obtain a form at the Main Office.
Not Sure of Your Catchment?
* If you are unsure of your catchment status, please visit the HWDSB website and use the Find a School tool to determine which school you will attend for September. Type in your address, select your grade level, select your program (French Immersion or Regular), then click “Search”.
If you are Out-of-Catchment (OOC) and wish to apply you will need to fill out an
Out-of-Catchment form. More information regarding the OOC process, can be found here:
Out of Catchment Info
- SWC Registration Checklist
- HWDSB Student Registration Form
- HWDSB Documentation Verification Form
- HWDSB Media Consent Form
- SWC 2020-2021 Grade 9 Option Sheet
- SWC Grade 9 Course Descriptions