Grade 9 Option Process for students currently in Westdale’s catchment:
Our current Associate Schools are as follows: Bennetto, Dalewood, Guy Brown (FI students only), Hess Street, Ryerson, Sir William Osler (FI students only).
- Students that live in the Westdale catchment and are attending an HWDSB school, will fill the option sheet that we provide them, at their current elementary school, and then they will enter their options online in Career Cruising, with the help of their Grade 8 Teacher.
- All French Immersion students that are coming from Glen Brae or Norwood Park that have a sibling still in attendance at Westdale in the French Immersion program in September 2018 will need to contact Westdale Secondary School for an application or see the links below to access all the materials necessary to attend Westdale.
Registration Process for students in Westdale’s catchment but not attending one of the schools listed above:
Beginning February 1, 2019:
- Download the Westdale Registration Checklist, HWDSB Student Registration Form, Media Consent Form, and Grade 9 Option Sheet. Please see below for all the necessary registration documents and information.
- Complete all of the forms and sign them. Use the Grade 9 Course Description & Handbook below to help you choose your Grade 9 courses.
- Take the completed Option Sheet to your current school so the Grade 8 teacher(s) can check off course level recommendations and the Principal can sign and return the option sheet to you.
- Return all of the completed and signed forms along with all of the required documents listed in the Westdale Registration Checklist to Mrs. Harvey in Student Services, no later than 3pm Monday, February 18, 2019.
- You will be contacted by email shortly after submission regarding the status of your application to Westdale. You will only be contacted if your application is not eligible due to your home address being outside our school catchment.
- If you are not able to download the forms from the Westdale website, you can also pick up them up from the Main Office beginning February 1, 2018.
Not sure of your catchment?
- If you are unsure of your catchment status, please visit the HWDSB website and use the Find a School tool to determine which school you will attend for September 2019.
- Type in your address, select your grade level, select your program (French Immersion or Regular), then click “Search”.
Documents for Registration
- Westdale Registration Checklist
- HWDSB Student Registration Form
- Media Consent
- 2018-2019 GRADE 9 OPTION SHEET WESTDALE
- Westdale Educational Planner
- Grade 9 Course Description & Handbook
Updated on Monday, September 24, 2018.