Courses offered in French Immersion at Sherwood:
* Availability of courses may change based on student choice
What do I need to get my French Immersion Certificate?
- 30 credits required to graduate from Secondary School as per OSSD requirements
- 10 courses out of those 30 must be in French instruction including:
- 4 required French Immersion courses
- 6 courses of your choice delivered in French instruction
French Immersion Curriculum
For subject descriptions for the other courses offered in French instruction , please refer to the Secondary Course Calendar.
Learn more about the French Immersion program.
French as a Second Language (FSL) Framework
The Vision for FSL in Ontario:
Students in English-language school boards have the confidence and ability to use French effectively in their daily lives.
The Goals for FSL in Ontario
- Increase student confidence, proficiency, and achievement in FSL.
- Increase the percentage of students studying FSL until graduation.
- Increase student, educator, parent, and community engagement in FSL.