How to Register for Sherwood Secondary School
Go to https://www.hwdsb.on.ca/find/ and enter your current address. The result will provide you with your designated secondary school of attendance. Be sure to click on the appropriate school year.
If you do not reside in Sherwood’s catchment area:
Note: Sherwood Secondary is currently closed to Out of Catchment applications. We do not accept applications outside of the HWDSB process window as listed on their website. Please refer to the Out-of-Catchment process.
If you reside in Sherwood’s Catchment and are looking to Register for Grade 9 in Fall 2022 please follow this link:
If you are currently attending a Non-Associate School, within our catchment, looking to Register for Grades 10-12 in Fall 2022:
- Check that you are within Sherwood’s Catchment Area on the HWDSB website: Find A School
- Complete the online HWDSB Registration Form (you must create an online account)
- Complete a Grades 10-12 Option Sheet
- Complete the Media Consent Agreement (online through Parent Portal – post registration)
- Collect copies of the documents listed below:
- Proof of Residence (One of the following: Current Lease or Deed, Current Utility Bill, or Property Tax Bill)
- Proof of Citizenship (for students born outside of Canada)
- Proof of Age (One of the following: birth certificate, passport)
- Most Recent Report Card
- Transcript and Status Sheet (Credit Counselling Summary) from most recent high school
- If Applicable:
- Copy of I.E.P.
- Copy of S.I.P
- Copy of B.S.P.
- Additional information required for Assessment Centre Applicants (Any Students coming from a Non-Ontario Ministry Accredited Schools)
- Proof of Citizenship/ Landed Status/ VISA Payment, etc. processed by Assessment Centre.
- After you have collected and completed the above documentation contact the Student Services Office at 905-383-3377 Ext. 4355.
Please note appointments will be booked 24-48 hours after documentation has been submitted and verified.