Tuesday, May 27, 2014
A note to our community:
As you may know, we had an unusual odour at Sherwood this week. Yesterday, during regular maintenance, some water containing ethylene glycol (like that used in antifreeze) was released near our air handling condensation unit. Immediately, custodial staff closed the valve that caused this leak and flushed the area with water until it was clear. However, when the air handling units were turned back on, an odour carried throughout the building. Students may have been irritated by the smell and for this we apologize. It is important to note that the ethylene glycol in this instance had already been diluted with water. Ethylene glycol may cause nausea and nasal irritation. We did move students from classrooms without windows so they could access fresh air. We will continue to flush and dry the area, and will also use fans to bring fresh air into the building.
Thank you for your understanding.
Monday, May 26, 2014
With the warmer weather finally here, Sherwood is reminding our community of our respectable dress expectations. Please refer to the guidelines posted below that were developed in consultation with students, staff and School Council. Tank-tops and muscle shirts seem to be the most common area of concern, and we ask that you please review the […]